Government Relations Manager
The Government Relations Manager works alongside key internal resources to build or enhance relationships with taxing authorities and advocate on behalf of Ultimate Software and its customers. Additionally, they will engage in various activities, including but not limited to training/board participation/associations/committees, that will allow them to develop and maintain strong ties with the professionals and associations that lobby and interact with these government agencies. This role will be key in developing written communication for both outside and inside the organization to which they are assigned. The Government Relations Manager will also serve as a trusted business partner to leaders within the org driving special projects related to mass issues, abatement and risk analysis.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Monitors and Tracks legislative and regulatory activities to determine how they impact the organization
- Research tax law/code to determine proper protocol and ensure compliance
- Ability to reconcile QTD and YTD tax amounts withheld, reported, and deposited on quarterly and annual basis for customers as necessary
- Statistical analysis of tax filing and deposit data
- Able to lead special projects related to risk/abatement
- Validation of data and reporting accuracy
- Make recommendations on leadership to enhance relationships with taxing authorities
- Develop reports, metrics, scorecards and provide executive summary
- Present to Senior Leadership on key assigned topics
- Participate in development of new or improved processes
- Document processes and develop tools to be shared with internal workgroups
- Partner with taxing authorities, committees and peers
- 10+ years of experience in tax or payroll industry
- High Degree of proficiency in Data Analysis using industry standard tools
- Ability to negotiate positive resolutions with payroll tax agencies
- Ability to work both independently and within a team-based environment.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills
- Advanced documentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. If degreed, Information Technology, Statistics,
- Communication, Computer Science, Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Payroll Certification
- Ultimate Software Experience
- Ability to work via computer
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to travel by air, auto, and other modes as necessary
- Up to 25%
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2019-08-22