Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Manager
Senior Government Relations Manager or Government Relations Manager
FAIR believes that immigration reform must enhance national security, improve the economy, protect jobs, preserve our environment, and establish a rule of law that is recognized and enforced.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Members of Congress and their staff, federal agency personnel, and coalition members.
- Draft and analyze legislation and amendments.
- Represent FAIR meetings with congressional staff, agency officials, and coalition members.
- Assist the director in overseeing the placement and dissemination of the department’s work product. Attend meetings and events when needed.
- Complete complex research and writing assignments on immigration-related topics.
- Contribute materials, including legislative summaries, weekly updates, grassroots alerts, and fact sheets for dissemination on FAIR’s website, blog, and FAIR members.
- Be a committed and effective advocate for all FAIR’s programs and objectives.
- Senior Government Relations Manager: Law degree required. Capitol Hill or other legislative experience is required.
- Government Relations Manager: Capitol Hill or other legislative advocacy experience required.
- Research, writing, analytical, and communication skills.
- Must have a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to set priorities, work independently, and produce materials consistently, efficiently, and timely.
- Political experience, judgment, and discretion, including an understanding of lobbying, congressional committees, federal legislative procedures, and grassroots targeting.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex policy issues.
- Ability to work effectively as part of FAIR’s legislative advocacy team.
- Strong commitment to FAIR’s mission and the ability to understand issues impacting immigration law or policy.
- Professional judgment in all aspects of one’s work; the ability to set priorities, work independently, and produce professional materials of the highest quality in a fast-paced environment.
Please submit a cover letter indicating familiarity with FAIR’s mission and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Candidates are encouraged to visit www.fairus.org to learn more about the organization).
The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC 20001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Legislation Advocacy: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
Job posted: 2023-05-20