Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Manager
About the job
Cogent Strategies, a bipartisan government relations, strategic communications and digital advocacy firm is seeking to hire a highly motivated and experienced Government Relations Manager to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with policymakers to advance our diverse roster of client’s interests. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of Congressional or Administration experience, a strong understanding of the legislative process, and excellent writing and research skills.
- Work closely and collaboratively with bipartisan public affairs team on various advocacy efforts impacting clients.
- Engage directly with policymakers to advocate, promote and advance client interests.
- Draft and edit legislative and regulatory advocacy materials, including memos, letters, and talking points.
- Plan and execute legislative and regulatory advocacy events, including Hill visits, briefings, and panel discussions.
- Represent the firm and its clients at meetings, events, and conferences.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of government experience
- Strong relationships with policymakers and staff and a deep understanding of the legislative process
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com with “Government Relations Manager” in the subject line.
Cogent Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job posted: 2023-05-21