Government Relations Manager
Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,400 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by a different restaurant that comes onsite and serves fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menu. Now with over 30 million meals sold, Fooda operates in nineteen major US cities and plans for continued expansion.
Who We Are Looking For:
Fooda’s Government Relations Manager will help Fooda achieve its mission of being a workplace food program employees love and look forward to every day by advancing Fooda’s reputation and relationship with key government agencies, managing priority issues, and effectively working with local representatives to influence the outcome of those issues.
This role is responsible for identifying a path forward with various health departments for Fooda’s programs and working with them to establish long-term processes to support our continued growth.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Establish and execute strategies to garner support for Fooda’s operations, working with local and state government entities to educate them on Fooda’s business model and to develop collaborative solutions in locations where Fooda operates.
- Monitor legislation, local ordinances and regulations, primarily on food service health and sanitation, for the purpose of reporting on and advising executive team and other staff as to the potential impact on Fooda operations.
- Identify key contacts and build relationships with local and state officials in various organizations including health departments, licensing and permits departments, and fire departments.
- Represent Fooda at agency meetings. Demonstrate sound judgment in setting priorities, establish action plans, get the right people in the meeting, and anticipate obstacles and alternatives.
- Schedule, prepare materials for, and arrange logistics of agency meetings.
- Manage multiple cases at any given time, with varying stakeholders and many moving parts. Ensure timely communication with local and state contacts.
- Provide proactive, clear, concise and timely communications regarding status of all initiatives to internal stakeholders including Fooda executive team and market directors.
- Liaise between Fooda and local government agencies. Establish and document internal operating procedures as needed, ensuring employees are equipped to comply and execute.
- Manage one direct report
- Regular travel required. Requires ability to travel with short lead times, and is somewhat unpredictable. During heavy travel periods, could be up to 30%.
What You Should Already Have:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years’ experience working on public policy, legislative affairs or corporate government relations.
- Self-starter who takes own initiative.
- Expert negotiation skills. Ability to read a room quickly and educate with skill and humility.
- Strong ability to multitask and lead numerous competing projects.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Excellent oral and communication skills. Meticulous attention to detail.
- Tenacity, especially when working with government agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at many different levels of an organization.
- Sound judgment.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Previous domain experience in restaurants, food service, or health and sanitation is a plus but not required.
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid maternity and parental leave benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-issued laptop
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-20