Governmental Affairs Manager
MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; Governmental Affairs Manager!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Cell phone allowance
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
The Governmental Affairs Manager is a member of the Outside Plant Construction team and responsible for external relations and trust with key community officials, residents, businesses and other organizations/agencies in existing and new
Metronet communities. The Governmental Affairs Manager will be the external “face” of Metronet and will work closely with project managers and VP’s in construction in the deployment process as well as in on-going community relations in order to actively contribute to Metronet’s Growth Plan and success.
What you will be doing:
- Identify and nurture key relationships with new and existing community officials
- Balance workload to interface simultaneously with numerous communities
- Build trust and confidence with community leaders and all stakeholder groups including (residential, HOAs, business, and media.)
- Prepare and present the MetroNet “story” to applicable community, residential and business groups
- Work closely with construction in the deployment process – assisting in obtaining applicable permits, troubleshooting complaints both with municipalities as well as the residential/business communities
- Assist in the effective implementation of Metronet’s Construction Communication Plan
- Leverage internal stakeholders to achieve problem resolution
- Utilize relationship/professional networks to advance residential/business sales through referrals and introductions
- Leverage multiple relationships to obtain business and community intelligence
- Identify decision makers within the target communities
- Attend meetings between community decision makers and MetroNet leadership
- Monitor Council Meeting Agendas and attend council/committee meetings when appropriate
- Identify and recommend appropriate business initiatives, partnerships and opportunities that will contribute to significant growth
- Participate and support the development and implementation of Metronet’s Growth Plan
What You Need For This Position:
- BA/BS degree in Business / Marketing or related field.
- Proven ability to be a Self-Starter
- Strong relationship, networking and building trust skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and presentation communications skills
- Team player and team building skills
- Flexibility as conditions and plans will change
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple/simultaneous community efforts
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-15