The American Motorcyclist Association
The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Grassroots Coordinator. Based at AMA’s Washington, DC office, the successful candidate will develop and implement grassroots initiatives to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission.
Specific duties include:
· Coordinate an effective Grassroots Advocacy program for engagement of AMA volunteers to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission.
· Support and advance the AMA State Chapter Network Program.
· Use social media and website tools to communicate information on issues and opportunities to increase and facilitate activism.
· Respond to member inquiries and help requests via phone and/or email.
· Monitor relevant motorcycling news sources, organizational websites and community forums to understand the latest developments that may affect the AMA mission.
· Communicate with external and internal contacts including members, motorcycle riders, public officials and AMA staff.
· Work with Government Relations team to develop grassroots initiatives.
· Act as administrator of the AMA state pages and Advocacy software program.
Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, business or related discipline required. Technical proficiency in various computer applications and ability to earn new programs is essential. Motorcycling experience is a plus.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2019-01-23