Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head of Government Relations
Scale’s Commercial and Federal customer base is growing exponentially, and you will be on the front lines of building Scale’s relationships with United States policy makers to help support Scale’s mission of powering the most ambitious AI projects. As the leader of our Government Relations efforts, you will be responsible for developing Scale’s response to emerging legislation, regulation and policy regarding artificial intelligence and data privacy, growing relationships with policy makers and stakeholders and identifying areas where policy developments can have potential impact on the business. You are the ultimate all-rounder, capable of building internal and external consensus, with a passion for technology and excellent communication skills.
You have a track record of engaging with senior members of the United States Legislative and/or Executive branches on technology and/or national security issues, building policy consensus and working in a fast paced environment.
- Formulate Scale’s government affairs strategy and priorities
- Advise Scale’s leadership and Federal team on engagements with government officials
- Manage Scale’s relationships with consultants, trade associations and other policy stakeholders
- Build relationships with and educate Members of Congress and Congressional staff on issues related to artificial intelligence
- Monitor policy, legislative and regulatory changes for potential impact to Scale’s business
- Minimum 8 years of experience in government affairs or working in the legislative branch
- Experience in technology and national security policy
- A proven track record in engaging with senior government officials
- Great cross-functional experience and collaborative ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- A history of diligence and organization across multiple work streams
Nice to haves:
- A Security Clearance
- Experience working on artificial intelligence or emerging technologies policy
- Experience working at a technology company or business with Federal customers
The base salary range for this full-time position in DC is $160,000 – $200,000. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants’ needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-01