Internal Communications Specialist
The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and executing against a multi-year and annual internal communications plan aligned to the company vision, culture and brand. S/he creates clear and engaging communications to enhance our culture and CORE, engage our people, and inspire enthusiasm for our company and brand.
• Creates and communicates guidelines, standards and processes regarding internal communication to ensure alignment with brand, culture and strategy.
• Crafts clear, innovative, communications in alignment with overall message architecture to enhance our culture and CORE, engage our people, inspire enthusiasm for our company and brand, and inform and strengthen the employee community across geographies, business units and functions.
• Builds understanding of our corporate strategies, initiatives, progress and successes.
• Designs, develops and implements an employee communications strategy in close partnership with Human Resources.
• Consults with leaders across the organization about their employee communications needs and assists in the execution of their employee communications plans.
• Creates a compelling editorial calendar for various employee groups and executes to ensure a regular and manageable cadence of communications.
• Creates, manages and/or contributes to an array of communications vehicles, including newsletters and announcements.
• Improves communications capability through thought leadership by supporting and coaching colleagues on communications, instilling best practice sharing.
• Conceives, directs and creates compelling digital assets (video, photography and podcasts) for internal use as required.
• Assists with the implementation of significant company-wide employee and partner meetings and events.
• Executes internal crisis communications as needed.
2 years’ experience developing employee or corporate communications
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Creative writing, Marketing or English
Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Outstanding creative writing, presentation development, editing and proofreading skills.
• Possesses a finely-honed ability to communicate complex issues and topics in a clear, persuasive and easily understood manner both verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills to broadly influence and effectively forge partnerships both internally and externally.
• High level of corporate professionalism, maturity and political savvy.
• Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment.
Learn more here
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job posted: 2020-06-12