Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Internal Communications Specialist
Internal Communications Specialist
The Internal Communications Specialist will be a member of Diversified’s Communications team, supporting day-to-day internal communications functions across a variety of channels and platforms.
Reporting to the Director of Communications & Change Management, the Internal Communications Specialist will drive key business priorities that inform, educate, and celebrate a diverse global workforce by helping support communications initiatives across all internal functions. Additional responsibilities will include supporting the development and execution of communications strategies, ensuring cohesive messaging and timely execution of deliverables, drafting internal communications content, and monthly and quarterly analytics reporting.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and collaborator. In this highly fast-paced environment, this person must be organized and flexible, attentive to detail with great time management skills, and work well cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders from other internal teams.
- Plan, write, and deliver business communications on a variety of topics that span company announcements, meeting presentations, internal news and other engaging content.
- Develop, publish and maintain a content calendar for use across marketing and other internal teams.
- Draft, prepare and publish content for the corporate intranet, biweekly newsletter, email, and other channels as appropriate.
- Support with deck development for leadership and other internal meetings.
- Ensure consistent messaging throughout various internal communications and materials.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for best practices in grammar, messaging, tone, and style, as well as content creation, communications strategies, and distribution.
- Identify internal communication gaps and opportunities, report on findings, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Interact with leadership; ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal communications skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and creating compelling written and visual content.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities and maintain confidentiality.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative without extensive direction.
- Strong time management, planning and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in digital content creation, including Intranet/Content Management, PowerPoint presentations, digital newsletters and more.
- Displays business acumen and integrated thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other communications professionals and internal cross-functional partners to achieve a common goal.
- Excellent project management skills to align diverse teams and accomplish the desired outcome.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in communications, public relations, or a related field preferred.
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at email@example.com.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
Job posted: 2023-09-05