Internal Communications Specialist
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles (“RVs”) and luxury buses). REV’s brand portfolio consists of 30 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV’s brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years.
As part of REV Group’s Human Resources organization, design and develop internal communication strategies and content that support our strategic business goals, emerging culture and employee engagement. Establish internal communication priorities, plans and timeframes while developing strong working relationships with internal partners. Utilize a variety of communication vehicles to publish content including print, online/digital and video.
Communication Strategy & Tools
- Create communication strategies and plans; own execution, management, and implementation of communications plans for internal initiatives, special projects, and rollouts
- Consult with related teams and partners to identify and analyze needs. Assist with setting project objectives, priorities and timeframes, help identify and resolve problems.
- Draft and mange an internal communications calendar, ensuring that scheduled tasks and projects are successfully completed and strategically timed
- When necessary, participate in issues management and crisis communication planning and implementation
- Create and manage foundational communication templates such as personnel announcements, leadership/supervisory communication and company-wide announcements.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and employee base, and ensure culture is reflected in internal communications.
- Drive communication strategies around educating and engaging employees on the company’s strategy and employment differentiators.
- Provide communications support for HR Centers of Excellence, including key employee programs and priority initiatives including the development of our Shared Services function.
- Design, curate and create Human Resources owned employee content for the intranet.
- Work with function/project leads to design and execute innovative, attention-getting campaigns around internal initiatives across a range of emerging internal channels.
- Partner with special project teams as an internal communications subject matter expert, designing and implementing communication plans that educate and engage our employees.
Qualifications/Skills Desired and Preferred
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or a related field
- 5-7 years of experience in a communications role, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills and a track record of working effectively and forming peer-level relationships with management-level and above
- Ability to work with a variety of internal partners and manage time effectively
- Ability to work and manage projects autonomously
- Employment value proposition experience a plus
- Sharepoint experience a plus
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to write in different styles to reflect the nature of the stakeholder, audience, and message
- Experience with current web practices, supporting technologies, new media
- Project management skills and demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills to include advanced use of Word, PowerPoint or other relevant communications software
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Having a proactive, collaborative, problem-solving mindset is key for success in this role
Learn more here
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
Job posted: 2020-06-01