Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Lead Director of Government Affairs
The Lead Director of Government Affairs supports and enhances effective Federal advocacy related to Medicare Advantage, dual eligibles, value-based payment, as well as other Federal and State policy issues through strategic issue assessment, policy development and analysis, timely production of advocacy materials, thought leader development, and coalition building.
• Identifies the key policy issues and debates facing CVS Health’s Medicare Advantage and dual eligibles business, collaborates with business leaders to understand business priorities; develops, recommends, and gains approval of CVS Health policy positions on these issues
• Develops and execute the Public Policy Plan for Medicare Advantage, dual eligibles, value based payment and other Federal and State policy issues This includes understanding the external environment and incorporating business priorities based on feedback from business leaders and Government Affairs colleagues to set priorities for position development and Federal and State advocacy material preparation, updating the plan for changing events as necessary.
• Summarizes and synthesizes business implications of legislative and regulatory proposals, communicates such to business leaders, and takes action to influence these developments consistent with CVS Health’s overall policy perspective.
• Drafts and obtains company approval on full range of advocacy materials for use with Federal and State legislators and regulators which effectively articulate rationale for CVS Health positions.
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with Federal and State regulators/lawmakers, such as HHS, CMS, Departments of Treasury and Labor, Congress other government officials with responsibility for overseeing the health insurance industry.
• Work effectively with, influence and mobilize policy positions of health care industry trade associations, coalitions of employers, consumers, other groups in support of CVS Health solutions.
• Actively and strategically educates and develops strong working relationships with a set of external, credible thought leaders (Key Opinion Leaders) in think tanks and academic institutions who exert tangible thought leadership on key commercial insurance issues supporting market-based solutions to health reform and delivery.
• Regularly scans environment for emerging policy trends based on market, policy, and legislative proposals, developments, data and research from Congress, Administration, government advisory committees, and leading think thanks.
• Monitors and digests key reports and their implications from regular government and external groups, keeping an up to date “library” of key trends and relevant economic and policy data.
8+ years of experience in either public policy and/or in a legislation or regulatory affairs arena related to Medicare Advantage, dual eligibles, value based payment, and other related policy issues required.
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
-Experience working for federal government, Congress, trade association, or Government Affairs role in a healthcare company preferred.
-Specific experience related to the Medicare Advantage program, dual eligibles, and value based care payment models.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Job posted: 2022-01-08