Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
If you are passionate about the ability of American business to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the place for you. As the world’s largest business organization, we believe in building a future that gives everyone the opportunity to pursue a better tomorrow. We make it our job today–and every day–to build the strongest relationships possible among the American people, business leaders, and elected officials in Washington, D.C., state capitals, and countries around the globe. For them and the businesses we represent, the U.S. Chamber is a trusted advocate and partner.
We are driven by the pursuit of innovation and partnership and hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our commitment to our members is matched only by our commitment to our employees. As part of our team, we will support your long-term career development while delivering relevant learning opportunities. We will empower you to lead, develop deep expertise, and find new approaches to solving the toughest challenges.
Communicate and advocate Chamber policy on a variety of issues to members of Congress and their staffs through lobbying activities and leveraging the Chamber’s regional, political, and grassroots resources to achieve its policy and programming goals.
· Serve as one of the Chamber’s lobbyists.
· Develop short- and long-term strategy around key Chamber priorities.
· Collaborate and share information with staff in the Chamber’s policy divisions.
· Maintain relationships with member companies, chambers in the Federation, and key association allies.
· Integrate policy activities and goals.
· Provide briefings on legislative procedures, lobbying strategies, and issues.
· Build and maintain solid relationships with Washington-based corporate and association executives.
· Attend and speak at events in Washington D.C. and across the country.
· Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ related experience working on the Hill, as part of an administration, or in an association or corporate environment.
· Experience developing and implementing successful legislative, lobbying, and political strategies.
· Knowledge of key issues affecting the business community.
· Extremely strong legislative connections.
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· Ability to work independently and gather, analyze, and disseminate information accurately and timely.
· Effective public speaker.
· Flexibility to travel nationally.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-24