Manager, Corporate Communications
About the team
Zillow’s Corporate Relations team is a team of skilled communications professionals who enjoy working in a collegial environment within an innovative, fast-paced tech and media company. The team is responsible for growing Zillow’s brand awareness, credibility and affinity through earned and owned media and for shaping the story of what it’s like to work at Zillow.
About the role
In this corporate communications role, you will look for opportunities to tell stories about Zillow Group’s technological innovation through strategic media relations, public affairs, owned social media and editorial channels, and events. Zillow is innovating on behalf of its customers and partners to make it easier to move, building advanced technology to create a seamless transaction experience.
The role requires a strong ability to understand business objectives and to strategically tell stories that support achieving desired goals.
- Work closely with Zillow’s technology leaders and communications leaders in Zillow’s major lines of business to own the strategy and execution of product launches and update announcements
- Build and maintain close relationships with reporters at national media outlets, including leading business and technology outlets, podcast hosts and outlets, and producers at consumer-facing radio and broadcast outlets.
- Proactively generate and pitch creative, ongoing story ideas that raise awareness of Zillow’s leadership and innovation in real estate to build a seamless transaction experience.
- Work closely with executives and other spokespeople to plan for speaking engagements and interviews.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure consistent messaging about our technology offerings to partners and customers
- Partner with the Corporate Relations’ Editorial Team on any owned content, including blog posts, videos, and multimedia content, related to Zillow’s products, technology research, and technology teams
Who you are
- A deeply connected communications professional with 4-6 years of experience in communications, journalism, or public relations.
- Flexible team player who thrives in a scrappy, fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines
- A curious and creative storyteller who can tell stories that connect Zillow’s on-the-ground innovation to the company’s overarching vision for a simple, tech-enabled home transaction.
- An excellent teammate with a consistent record of partnering closely with other communications colleagues and other departments
- Able to exhibit confident, credible counsel and presence to senior leadership and cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and presentation skills, and strong attention to detail
- Actively collaborates, solicits, considers, and aligns diverse viewpoints.
- Must love this stuff!
Get to know us
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile.
Zillow Group’s portfolio includes:
- Zillow®, the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help.
- Trulia® helps buyers and renters find a place where they will love to live. With insights sourced straight from locals and over 34 neighborhood map overlays like crime and schools, Trulia offers a deeper understanding of what living in a home and a neighborhood is really like.
- StreetEasy®, New York City’s leading local real estate marketplace, providing accurate and comprehensive for-sale and for-rent listings from hundreds of real estate brokerages throughout New York City and the major NYC metropolitan area.
- HotPads®, a map-based apartment and home rental search brand, and a top destination for renters in urban areas across the United States.
- Naked Apartments®, New York City’s largest rentals-only platform, provides innovative tools and quality listings so renters can simply and quickly find their apartment, and makes it easier for brokers and landlords to connect with renters to fill available apartments faster.
- RealEstate.com, a home shopping brand, designed for first-time buyers and millennial home buyers.
- Out East, the ultimate online destination for Hamptons real estate, provides insider tips and locally penned guides that complement a hyper-customized shopping experience that lets buyers and renters search by town and see a home’s proximity to beaches, farmers markets, transportation options, and other local points of interest.
- Zillow Home Loans (NMLS #10287, an Equal Housing Lender), a national provider of online mortgage lending services.
- In addition, Zillow Group houses the business brands Bridge Interactive, Dotloop®, Mortech® and Zillow Premier Agent.
The company is headquartered in Seattle and trades on NASDAQ under the ticker symbols Z and ZG.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18