Manager, Corporate Communications
As a Manager, Corporate Communications at GlaxoSmithKline you will be aligned to the US External Communications Center of Excellence supporting the US Business Unit (BU) communication offices and the External communication team on important milestones. Play a supporting role in conducting media outreach for brand milestones and unbranded selected projects supporting our internal framework of Innovation, Performance and Trust (IPT). Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists/media outlets. Flex as a hybrid content generator across external comms needs for BU milestones and fit within the new, leaner US communications structure and approach. As a member of the External Comms Center of Excellence, this communicator will help drive the execution of the overall external communications strategy by developing content and manage the processes necessary to support an effective external media relations and social media presence for GSK in the US.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Advise of the annual external communications strategies for the key business units of the US Pharma
- Manage the approval processes of content for media relations (press releases, Q&A, reactive statements)
- Prepare communications materials and briefing packs in preparation for senior leader speaking engagements/media engagements
- Have a pulse on journalist movements and update the master US media list accordingly
- Support the development of external GSK spokespeople and external speaking events/appearances with content and message development
- In coordination with the global corporate affairs team, manage an editorial content calendar to ensure smooth timelines for development, approval and posting in concert with US brand and digital communications colleagues
- With Ext Comms Director, ensure effective programming and pull-through of key reputational campaigns
- Cultivate and build strong, positive relationships with commercial teams and key liaison colleagues in the various Business Units leadership and key stakeholders and with communications partners.
- Work with our partners to monitor the media
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or liberal arts focus (e.g., English/writing, government/history,)
- Minimum 4 years of communications related experience, including 4 years of demonstrated expertise in at least three of the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical knowledge,
- Experience in media relations/outreach
- Patient advocacy and consumer engagement
- Launch and/or employee communications planning and execution
- Strategic and creative thinker who knows how to construct compelling stories that will resonate with both internal/external audiences and can manage a deliberate development process, including strong project management skills
- Proven experience developing content across a range of platforms and media
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s Degree
- Additional training/education in communications, business, or healthcare
- PR agency experience
- Excellent communications track-record and relationships
- Strong logistics and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with multiple and diverse stakeholders
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-11-05