Manager, External Affairs
- Assist the Department on all aspects of coordinating, organizing, executing and reporting of pro-business and pro-consumer messaging, whether inside the Beltway, in states and municipalities, or in specifically targeted Congressional Districts as legislative and regulatory issues arise throughout the year.
- Compile information for distribution to members, coalition partners and other interested constituencies on wireless issues.
- Produce content for Third Party Advocacy newsletter, database communications, and Third Party packet materials. Draft, proofread, fact-check and distribute all printed materials with Advocacy team.
- The Manager will manage CTIA’s outreach initiatives with the accessibility community and other CTIA departments as directed by the Director, External Affairs.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development and position of compelling and informative content on the Advocacy Website consistent with mobile best practices.
- Assist the Directors in the development and distribution of educational packets to CTIA member companies and coalition partners, to include multi-level employee education, Website and newsletter content, talking points and background on various Advocacy Initiatives.
- Tracking, editing and maintenance of Website, as directed. Knowledge of content management systems.
- Familiarity with database and analytical tools, knowledge of email best practices, and proficiency in excel.
- Support the Executive Director in content development, helping establish relevant relationships, and exploring new avenues to enhance online activist community.
- Help maintain accurate information and fairly portrayed consumer-specific and industry-driven wireless issue information to the online public via these social and online forums.
- Assist the Vice President as directed in working with third parties to ensure that they are educated on CTIA’s issues.
- Provide research and data-gathering assistance for Web site and written materials. Continual tracking and maintenance of wireless consumer numbers and data, in concert with the Research department, to seek the most current facts and consistent numbers
Supervisory responsibilities: N/A
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Project Management – Coordinates projects.
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with large, dynamic groups representing association membership
- Organization and ability to produce extensive material and reports within a short time frame
- Motivation, hardworking, willingness to travel and work long hours
Computer skills: Proficiency in database management is preferred.
Education and/or experience: A four-year degree is required.
Language skills: Detail-oriented with knowledge of grammar and punctuation. Proficiency in proofreading skills and strong communications skills are required.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use motor skills.
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. This position may require overtime. Candidate must be flexible to work overtime if needed.
Job posted: 2020-11-08