Manager, Federal Government Affairs
The Association for Accessible Medicines (AAM), is seeking a Manager, Federal Government Affairs to join its team. This is an invaluable opportunity to work at a dynamic, growing trade association at the center of some of the most important public policy issues facing our nation. The working environment is high-energy, fast-paced and the culture is entrepreneurial.
The Manager, Federal Government Affairs is responsible for the preparation of materials to support the Federal Government Affairs (FGA) team toward achieving AAM’s strategic objectives. The role manages communications on Congressional activity, the development of issue briefs, the preparation of agendas, and the administration of the AAM Political Action Committee (PAC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Track and monitor legislative affairs to prepare materials for the FGA team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing frequent, often daily, updates on Congressional activity and AAM’s advocacy priorities; drafting issue briefs and advocacy materials; preparing the AAM weekly e-newsletter; and, coordinating federal and cross-functional meetings, including the development of agendas for those meetings.
• Draft real-time communications to AAM’s Washington Representatives on Congressional hearings of note; on committee action on relevant legislation and amendments; and, on information on AAM reports, press statements, and other materials.
• Prepare advocacy materials including, but not limited to: fact sheets, talking points, briefing agendas, policy one-pagers, and letters.
• Coordinate federal and cross-functional meetings including, but not limited to: Washington Representatives, AAM PAC Board, Congressional “Hill Days,” and consultants.
• Provide administrative and compliance support for the AAM PAC, including assistance with AAM PAC events, maintaining prior authorization forms, processing contributions, and preparing federal filings.
• Assist with the quarterly collection of Lobbying Disclosure Act information.
Candidates need to have a Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of applicable professional experience. Knowledge of Congress and legislative process as well as experience in healthcare policy and key health care issues preferred.
The Association for Accessible Medicines improves access to safe, quality, effective medicine. For more information about the Association for Accessible Medicines and to see the full job description please visit www.accessiblemeds.org/careers.
Please email resume and salary expectations to:
Association for Accessible Medicines
Job posted: 2020-02-26