Manager Government Affairs
- The Manager Government Affairs establishes, grows and leads local and state government relationships on behalf of all groups, serving as the point-person for both municipal officials and internal teams. Working closely with our public affairs managers, sales teams and local real estate and permitting teams, this person navigates opportunities and hurdles to ensure the successful, timely buildout of communications infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and execute a market-specific government relations strategy that aligns with business goals.
- Strengthen relationships with municipalities and jurisdictions, serving as an advocate for and lead contact for the city s escalations.
- Secure highest-priority agreements and permits pertaining to the installation, operation and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Advise and serve as internal point of escalation for small cells, tower and fiber groups with regard to access rights, permitting, and project deployment.
- Represent publicly, including with media, state legislatures, and at conferences.
- Manage local lobbyists.
- Partner with legal and regulatory teams to anticipate and promote state legislation and municipal code and/or zoning ordinance changes
- Work with cross-functional project teams to ensure that financial objectives are met and internal key performance metrics are achieved.
- Bachelor s degree.
- 8+ years of government relations or external affairs experience.
- Experience in working with city and state entities to shape and implement public policy required.
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public, media and governmental entities required.
- Demonstrated responsibility for administering a group or program budget required.
- Experience working on goal-driven, cross-functional teams required.
- Strategic Mindset Seeing ahead of future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Manages Complexity Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes-contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans & Aligns Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. Conveys clear objectives and ensures alignment across organization.
- Builds Networks Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization. Builds influential connections across boundaries.
- Builds Effective Teams Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said. Will confidently take a stand for their beliefs when faced with opposition.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-09