Manager, Government Affairs
Manager, Government Affairs develops and manages state and local government relations within Georgia. The ideal candidate will advocate on behalf of OUTFRONT Media before state and local legislative and regulatory bodies; coordinate with trade and business associations in those states, and develop and maintain a grassroots network among OUTFRONT’s Georgia markets. The Manager, Government Affairs develops and maintains various industry and third party relationships; including counterparts within and outside the industry, including service on association boards and/or government relations committees. The Manager, Government Affairs reports directly to the Atlanta General Manager.
- Develop and maintain key political relationships in Georgia.
- Provide political counsel to the Georgia’s Regional Vice President and General Managers.
- Coordinate legislative efforts by working with local governments.
- Coordinate with counsel on political donations and guidelines.
- Provide support to the Real Estate Management teams in Georgia on any issue requiring governmental or legislative involvement.
- Manage relationships with political consultants and lobbyists.
- Conduct detailed analyses, prepare reports and develop specific recommendations to the General Managers and Regional Vice President.
- Monitor, identify, and track legislative and regulatory activities and determine if legislation or action has an impact on OUTFRONT in order to determine lobbying strategy.
- Research information on elected officials and proposed legislation and ordinances, and regularly reports on same to the General Managers, Regional VP, and the government affairs team.
- Distribute all quarterly and annual reports as directed.
- Plan and implement events and other activities to support the government affairs goals, such as town halls and meetings.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public affairs, public relations, communications or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible, professional experience in government relations required.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal legislative and executive processes; public affairs principles and practices; project management and planning principles and practices.
- Ability to quickly grasp, analyze and address specific issues facing OUTFRONT.
- A thorough understanding of state legislative processes.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Experience with developing and implementing state government affairs strategies, including short- and long-term goals and establishing methods of measuring the plan’s impact on and contribution to corporate objectives.
- Sound political judgment and the ability to anticipate emerging government, public or community/social issues of importance to the industry and to position the company to effectively handle.
- Planning, managing and coordinating special projects.
- Working with people from diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities.
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Proven ability to work effectively with top-level government officials and community leaders.
- Strong public speaking and lobbying skills, including the ability to effectively offer testimony before legislative and regulatory bodies and perform one-on-one lobby visits.
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
To all Recruitment Agencies: OUTFRONT Media LLC does not accept agency and unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our OUTFRONT Media employees or any other company location.
OUTFRONT Media is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
OUTFRONT Media Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants shall receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. Please refer to the OUTFRONT Media Affirmative Action policy statement.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-29