Manager, Government Affairs
Qualcomm’s Washington, DC based government affairs team is looking for an experienced advocate to advance key domestic and international public policy priorities in the areas 5G, emerging technologies, intellectual property, antitrust, export controls, national security, and other matters. The Manager position involves identifying appropriate policy makers and ensuring that Qualcomms messages are delivered strategically and effectively. The position also entails preparing written filings to key executive branch agencies on technology policy issues and providing input to trade associations on these issues through their policy committees. This position involves conducting regular outreach to key policymakers in the Executive Branch agencies and on Capitol Hill committees with jurisdiction over relevant technology policy issues. In addition, the position requires: 1. internal coordination on position positions and updates on policy relevant developments 2. public speaking, 3. Organizing Qualcomm technology demonstrations at DC events, and 4. Ensuring that Qualcomms leadership and important innovations are known to relevant policy makers. Technology policy priority issues include:
- intellectual property
- national security
- export controls
- cyber security and privacy
- emerging technologies
- tax policies
- intelligence (AI)
- Front End (RFFE)
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.Minimum Qualifications
- Have minimum 5 years relevant Capitol Hill or Administration experience.
- Have familiarity with telecommunications industry interests and recent developments in the U.S. and abroad.
- Have a strong background in technology policy
- Be a self-motivated, responsible, action-oriented individual.
- Have strong leadership potential.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have strong organizational, research, writing, and analytical skills.
Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferred Masters, MBA or law degree
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-01-29