Manager, Government Affairs
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Based in Washington, D.C. and reporting to the Head of Global Government Affairs, the Government Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and executing government affair strategies to advance BHGE interests with U.S. and international government officials.
- Communicates with U.S. and international legislative and regulatory bodies to secure and promote Company interests
- Translates legislative, regulatory and political developments into potential impact on and opportunity for BHGE strategy
- Prepares executive management briefings on significant legislative, regulatory and political developments
- Coordinates with regional and product line government affairs teams to support strategic commercial opportunities
- Represents the Company in in trade associations and other relevant, non-governmental organizations
- Prepares commercial advocacy filings and coordinates international delegation visits, congressional town halls, and other Government Affairs-related events
- Assists in PAC management, LDA reporting and record keeping
- BS/BA required; JD or Advanced Degree not strictly required but would be a strong plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in government, or working public policy issues for another company, trade association or a government affairs firm
- Flexibility for occasional travel and assignments outside of ordinary working hours
- Oil & gas/energy industry experience
- Strong ability to understand and effectively communicate complex policy issues (e.g., ability to develop written materials, speeches, talking points and presentations to a range of audiences)
- Strong organizational skills, with experience utilizing spreadsheets and tools needed to manage budgets and related processes a plus
- Ability to successfully multi-task, meet deadlines and goals, and adapt quickly to changing environments and needs
- Client service attitude with focus on client care and quick, efficient responsiveness and with strong interpersonal awareness
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and develop strong internal and external relationships
Job posted: 2018-12-06