Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Government Relations
As a Manager for Government Relations, you will play a critical role in advocating for the interests of the Commercial Real Estate Finance Council in Washington DC. You will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Political Action Committee (PAC) activities, building relationships with key stakeholders, supporting fundraising efforts for the CRFEC PAC, and supporting CREFC’s federal advocacy. This position requires a deep understanding of the political landscape and a passion for promoting the goals and objectives of CREFC.
1. PAC Strategy and Management:
· Develop and implement a comprehensive PAC strategy aligned with CREFC’s goals and objectives.
· Manage all aspects of the PAC, including compliance, fundraising, and reporting.
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to align PAC activities with broader advocacy initiatives.
· Maintain effective communication channels with PAC donors, members, and key stakeholders.
· Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of PAC initiatives and adjust strategies as necessary.
2. Donor Relations:
· Develop and execute fundraising campaigns to meet PAC fundraising goals.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with existing and potential PAC donors.
· Organize fundraising events, including PAC contribution solicitations, donor appreciation events, and industry conferences.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant campaign finance laws and reporting requirements.
· Monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory proposals that impact the commercial real estate finance industry.
· Support CREFC’s legislative and regulatory teams to coordinate advocacy efforts on federal policy proposals.
· Engage with policymakers, elected officials, and industry partners to advance CREFC’s advocacy agenda.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience managing a PAC or working in political campaigns and fundraising.
· Proven ability to develop and execute successful fundraising strategies.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and engage with diverse stakeholders.
· Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities to assess political landscapes.
· Knowledge of campaign finance laws and regulations.
· Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-22