Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Government Relations
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
Hims & Hers is searching for an experienced government relations professional from the northeast United States to join our Public Policy Team. This team member will be responsible for building relationships with state policymakers, managing contract lobbyists, interacting with trade associations, and attending relevant conferences and events in several priority states. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team of contract consultants and partners externally and collaborate with the Hims & Hers’ Legal, Communications, Content, and Telemedicine teams internally to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. We are a remote-first company, so there is some flexibility as long as the Manager is based in the northeast United States and comfortable with necessary travel. The position will report to the SVP of Public Policy.
- Advocate for Hims & Hers public policy goals at the state capitol, government agencies and with other government stakeholders
- Represent Hims & Hers at relevant trade association and coalition meetings to advance the telehealth industry’s public policy goals
- Collaborate with the Legal team to read, analyze and interpret state legislation and other public policy relevant to Hims & Hers
- Collaborate with the Hims & Hers’ Director Public Affairs to engage the public and build partnerships with organizations that will validate Hims & Hers public policy g
- Must have 3-5 years experience as a public policy professional, preferably working in-house at a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization.
- Must be comfortable reading, analyzing and interpreting state legislation
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Healthcare background strongly preferred
- Privacy and AI policy background strongly preferred.
- Juris Doctorate a plus
- Roughly 25% travel required
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Outlined below is a reasonable estimate of H&H’s compensation range for this role.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this email address.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-24