Manager of Legislative Affairs
Hyundai UAM Overview
Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Groups Urban Air Mobility (UAM) division is designing an aerial vehicle tailored to the urban and regional mobility needs of our future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that whisks them over traffic and onto their final destination. At Hyundai UAM, we believe in creative thinking and cooperation to build a better mobility experience for individuals. We strive to improve peoples ability to move – whether for work or at play. Our division fuses research in autonomy, robotics, aviation, and services to define a new category of mobility for communities. We are building a world-class team that will help usher in a new form of transportation that is poised to transform the mobility experience for many generations to come.
Hyundai UAMs Policy Team develops and implements the public policy and advocacy agenda to advance the adoption of forward-leaning legal and regulatory frameworks for urban air mobility, and to promote public acceptance and adoption of this emerging and exciting technology. The Policy Team fosters and maintains relationships with policymakers, regulators, lawmakers, elected officials, industry associations and local community stakeholders. We are at the forefront of developing new policy and regulatory frameworks that will govern this emerging technology for many decades to come, and we are looking for innovative policy and regulatory leaders to join us in this exciting and rewarding endeavor.
As a Manager of Legislative Affairs, you will have a key role in determining Hyundai UAMs successful market entry throughout the United States, helping to lead our efforts in Congress. Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated track-record of shaping legislative frameworks governing aviation, transportation and infrastructure in the House and Senate, ideally with a focus on UAS or UAM.
What Youll Do
- Develop and implement federal legislative strategy and priorities in line with the companys business objectives
- Develop and maintain relationships with Congressional members and staff
- Monitor and track legislation affecting companys business, identify legislative trends and communicate updates internally
- Increase awareness of Hyundai UAMs brand and vision for UAM as well as the positive potential of UAM in Congress
- Advance the companys policy positions and legislative objectives in Congress
- Collaborate with other stakeholders including third-party organizations to shape positive legislative outcomes
- Draft legislative proposals and testimonies and represent the company before Congress and associations
- Observe all applicable laws and regulations governing lobbying activities
- Minimum 5 years of experience lobbying Congress on behalf of a leading tech company or trade association, ideally working on highly regulated emerging technologies
- Must have established relationships in Congress in particular with House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee and Senate Commerce Committee
- Must have demonstrated experience influencing legislative outcomes
- Must be knowledgeable about process of passing legislation
- Preferred experience in aviation, transportation or infrastructure policy
- JD preferred. MA or BA in public affairs/political science or similar field
- Excellent written and communication skills required
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-23