New York, NY
Partnerships with the start-up community are playing a key role in American Express’ digital transformation. The company’s Corporate Affairs & Communications organization has an exciting opportunity to promote this work as the Manager, Public Affairs supporting Amex Ventures, the venture capital arm of American Express. Amex Ventures helps drive innovation for the company by making investments in early-stage start-ups and building commercial partnership opportunities between these firms and American Express. This role sits within the Corporate & Finance communications team and also supports American Express’ Corporate Development organization, which coordinates acquisitions, joint ventures and other transactions for the company.
The Manager, Public Affairs is responsible for raising external visibility for the Amex Ventures team through proactive media relations and PR activities to promote new investments. This person will also work on internal communications activities for team executives for Amex Ventures and Corporate Development teams. This position demands a high degree of focus on details and collaboration with colleagues, staff groups and business leaders.
- Build external awareness by securing press opportunities and speaking engagements for Amex Ventures.
- Build internal awareness for Amex Ventures and Corporate Development teams.
- Craft messaging for media interviews, external presentations and press releases.
- Develop thought leadership content, including bylined articles, blogs and social media posts.
- Work with start-ups and other external partners to manage the announcement of new investments.
- Foster relationships with media and serve as spokesperson when necessary.
- Minimum 5 years communications/PR experience with demonstrated ability to handle all types of media.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create connections across functions and levels.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proven media relations experience.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience developing and implementing creative PR and social media programs.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to thrive while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Results and detail oriented.
- Experience working on topics related to fintech, venture capital and start-ups a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2019, 8:56:22 PM
To apply, click here: https://careers.americanexpress.com/
Job posted: 2019-02-05