Media Relations Manager
The Media Relations Manager will manage and collaborate with consultants and outside vendors as needed to advance FairVote’s issue agenda and promote FairVote as a premier venue offering electoral reforms.
The Media Relations Manager will work under the Communications Director to implement FairVote’s comprehensive communications plan and national campaign. This indidivual will draft public-facing content in pursuit of these goals and will develop relationships with both DC-area press contacts and national press contacts.
The Media Relations Manager will also manage internal systems for media tracking, including tracking daily coverage of ranked choice voting, multi-member ranked choice voting reforms, FairVote, and FairVote spokespeople.
● Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in communications, public relations, marketing, or English
● 4-6 years of increasingly responsible experience in positions relevant to public relations
● Proven track record in securing impactful media coverage on behalf of organizations, clients, and/or individual spokespeople.
● Experience pitching and securing coverage in a wide variety of outlets, including print, TV, online, and radio
● Experience pitching and securing coverage on a wide variety of issues, including advocacy issues
● 1-2 years experience tracking and presenting media metrics
● 1-2 years managing junior-level staff, such as interns
● Experience pitching and developing ongoing relationships with reporters
● Experience as a journalist, producer, or other member of the press
Please send materials specified in job posting to email@example.com with the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Job posted: 2020-09-17