Policy Communications Lead
About the role
As Policy Communications Lead, you’ll help drive awareness of Chime’s mission, community impact, and policy positions with key audiences. You’re a strategic thinker and operator who understands the press, politics and financial industry regulation. You’re excited to build and make an impact, and you’re passionate about improving economic opportunity.
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Develop and execute a communications strategy that supports Chime’s policy positions in key areas, reaching stakeholders at both the federal and state level.
- Help craft and evolve Chime’s narrative and messaging for policymakers and constituents, interest groups and similar audiences, leveraging data and research insights.
- Work closely with senior leadership on speaking engagements, interviews and other opportunities.
- Drive outreach to educate the media and other opinion makers about Chime’s mission and impact.
- Use data to inform key decisions.
- Work cross-functionally to develop proactive campaigns and programs that support Chime’s objectives in the policy arena.
- Surface press opportunities and manage inbound media inquiries.
To thrive in this role, you have
- 7+ years of communications or related experience in public policy, government, or financial services.
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry and its regulatory environment.
- Strong consumer press contacts and media relations experience.
- Top-notch writing skills and experience in narrative development.
- Ability to work cross-functionally on outreach strategy and execution.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We’ve raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-12