Political Affairs Manager
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has an opening for a Political Affairs Manager in its Washington D.C. office. NAMIC is the largest property/casualty insurance company trade association, with nearly 1,400 member companies serving more than 170 million auto, home, and business policyholders.
The Political Affairs Manager will work with NAMIC’s Political Affairs Director on all aspects of the organization’s political action committee (NAMIC PAC), and NAMIC’s other political involvement programs. They will manage the daily aspects of NAMIC PAC, overseeing contributions and check disbursement tracking and helping to execute a strategy to increase political awareness and involvement among the association’s membership.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Effective administration of the NAMIC PAC including following established policies and developing new ones, processing disbursements, PAC political and corporate budget management and related record-keeping.
- Working with fundraisers to organize activities supporting members of Congress. Work with NAMIC Regional Vice Presidents and PAC members to host and attend in-district fundraisers.
- Assisting with planning meetings and events for the PAC, such as fundraisers, political receptions, and educational events, as well as hosting fundraisers in our Washington office.
- Conducting research on congressional races as needed
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with other industry organizations
- Assisting with administrative support for NAMIC’s Congressional Contact Program (association member fly-in program).
- Assisting with grassroots action alert preparation and writing occasional news stories to promote advocacy programs and events.
Qualifications of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of extensive experience in association PACs, government relations, political fundraising, or working on political campaigns.
- In-depth understanding of political and legislative processes. Working knowledge of local, state and federal requirements for political activity disclosure and reporting, including FEC laws and filing requirements.
- Experience with PAC and grassroots software programs preferred.
NAMIC is a growing organization that has been advocating for a strong and vibrant insurance industry since its inception in 1895. This position includes a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter that includes salary expectations to: email@example.com
Job posted: 2019-02-24