BWX Technologies, Inc.
The Political Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and implementing political and public affairs strategies relating to BWXT’s Washington Operations agenda in order to promote business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase the visibility and effectiveness of BWXT Political Action Committee (PAC) via employee solicitation events, email communications and the BWXT PAC website
- Provide educational information and regular updates to BWXT PAC eligible employees regarding contributions, lobbying efforts and strategies and other Washington Operations priorities and activities
- Maintain BWXT PAC disbursement budget in coordination with Washington Operations team and BWXT PAC Contributions Committee
- Partner with finance team to manage administration of BWXT PAC and BWXT corporate political contribution budget, ensuring compliance and adherence to federal and state laws
- Manage and administrate BWXT PAC Match charitable contribution program
- Serve as a main point of contact with internal and external stakeholders for political matters
- Plan and manage political and public affairs events held at BWXT locations
- Support and identify public affairs efforts and strategic opportunities fitting within BWXT business goals and priorities
- Represent BWXT at PAC fundraisers, industry trade associations and other events to further BWXT’s legislative and political agendas
- Work in collaboration with legal team, business units and Director of Government Relations to collect and compile materials for LD-2 and LD-203 reports
Candidate should have at least five years experience administering and managing a Political Action Committee, or similar corporate function, knowledge of the Federal Election Commission regulations and filings, the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) filings, fundraising, and Congress. The Candidate should also have excellent writing and oral skills and be proficient with Excel spreadsheets and the DDC database system
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
Job Posted: January 23, 2017