Political Reports Analyst
Political Reports Analyst
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Skadden is seeking a Political Reports Analyst to join our Legal Assistant Services team in the Washington, D.C. Office. The Political Reports Analyst provides analytic, research, and practice group support to the Political Law Practice Group including preparation of lobby, pay-to-play and campaign finance reports and referral of assigned clients to attorneys regarding registration and reporting requirements.
- Acts as a central point of contact for assigned clients for reporting services and refers assigned clients to attorneys for legal advice related to registration and reporting requirements. Confers with attorneys when legal issues arise during the course of preparing registrations and reports.
- Maintains a working knowledge of campaign finance, pay-to-play and lobby reporting guidelines at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Provides a full array of campaign finance, pay-to-play and lobby reporting compliance services to assigned clients including tracking deadlines, preparing federal, state, and/or local reports, as well as renewals, amendments, and terminations.
- Prepares pay-to-play, procurement and other disclosure reports on behalf of clients.
- Maintains archive of information related to campaign finance, pay-to-play and lobby registrations and reports according to jurisdictional record retention statues.
- Assists attorneys with the pre-approval of contributions, including verification of contribution activity against statutory limits.
- Maintains electronic databases of PAC, corporate and/or individual contributions and alerts assigned clients of all relevant reporting requirements.
- Maintains an electronic work report reflecting the status of all client registrations and reports as well as research assignments.
- Assists attorneys in the Political Law Practice Group with research assignments and related tasks.
ADDITIONAL LEGAL ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Audit Letter Coordinator with Audit Letter process Firm-wide (prepare and collect information for responses to Audit Letters; follow-up with Attorneys and Department members for outstanding responses and related details; communicate with clients regarding Audit Letters as directed; track Audit Letters per Firm rules).
- Manages and assists with conducting research and the retrieval of materials such as market-based research, and provides findings and guidance to attorneys regarding same.
- Completes administrative tasks as appropriate, including but not limited to managing client files and contact information as well as internal report tracking information.
- Ensures that all files are maintained with department-approved protocols and case management systems and seeks to improve workflow regarding storage and recall of materials.
OTHER GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with Department-related projects, determined by the Political Law Manager and Legal Assistant Management team, as needed.
- Prepares background reports on companies and individuals for client development purposes for both domestic and international offices.
- Monitors local business activities for client development purposes.
- Participates in ongoing training and development to ensure current knowledge of industry trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current knowledge of industry trends and techniques.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Firm operations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of firm computer software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Knowledge of online databases and ability to perform efficient online research.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate effectively.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to travel and adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three years related experience in a law firm or professional services firm environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Lobby and/or PAC disclosure experience preferred.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious belief or practice should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Job posted: 2021-11-17