Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs, Senior Associate
PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications, digital, advertising and media buying. PLUS means more!
PLUS Communications is looking for a Public Affairs, Senior Associate to play a key role developing and executing communications plans – including message and content development. The role functions across a variety of public affairs accounts and policy areas with a heavy focus on content development, including messaging materials (press releases, fact sheets, op-eds), planning documents, memos and reports. This role will also provide communications and project management support for key client accounts. Ideal candidates will have experience distilling complex policy issues and/or regulatory affairs at the federal or state level.
Your day in this position may include:
- Crafting narratives by distilling complex policy and regulatory information into tangible messaging for a variety of audiences.
- Drafting media materials, such as press releases, talking points, media statements, opinion pieces.
- Developing presentations, collateral materials, strategic plans and other reports.
- Tracking and monitoring campaign deliverables and serving as a project manager for key accounts.
- Coordinating media outreach and cultivating relationships with key reporters.
- Serving as a liaison between PLUS’ internal team, the client, other agency partners and external vendors (where applicable).
- Working with operatives across the country executing issue advocacy campaigns.
This job may be for you, if you:
- Have project management experience.
- Have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Have a knack with words and enjoy writing on a variety of topics with quick turnaround.
- Have a strong understanding of AP Style.
- Are comfortable engaging with clients and/or vendors on day-to-day deliverables.
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Have a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Are natural problem solver who always looks for a way to improve end results for clients and the team.
- Are willing to do what it takes to get the job done, no matter the time commitment.
What we require:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in public affairs or communications, ideally with experience in the healthcare sector.
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Proven experience in writing and editing materials tailored to a variety of voices.
- Strong understanding of AP Style.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
We offer competitive compensation with an opportunity for a year-end bonus. Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance. We also offer a paid parental leave program, paid vacation, paid sick leave and employer subsidy for commuter expenses. In addition, we have a work from home hybrid environment.
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Job posted: 2023-09-18