Public Affairs Specialist
WellSpace Health believes that everyone deserves to be seen, no matter who you are, where you come from, where you work or what place you call home. We see you and are here for you. To that end, we’ve committed ourselves to finding solutions for our community’s health and wellbeing to achieve regional health through high quality comprehensive care.
Our focus has always been to offer a full range of quality medical care, dental care, mental health and behavioral health services, and enabling services to underserved people. We do this by placing ourselves within the communities we serve and employing outstanding healthcare professionals who are devoted to our mission.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and are accredited by the Joint Commission for Ambulatory Care and Behavioral Health. We’re also certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home and a Behavioral Health Home.
Successfully implementats the organization’s internal and external communications plans, with strategies to support the organization’s priorities and mission promise. This position has accountability for managing organization communications, issues management, patient engagement materials, media relations, and social media in coordination with internal and external colleagues.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training, and Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field, or a combination of education and job related experience in lieu of the degree;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in communications, journalism, or a related field;
- Demonstrated skill in message development, audience identification and issue-management;
- Solid oral and interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, accurate, compelling and stylistically appropriate content;
- Advanced experience using different media including Web, social media, video, simple graphic design, and traditional platforms to communicate messages and expand reach with varied audiences;
- Ability to accept direction, edits and to exercise tact and sensitivity when working with colleagues and key stakeholders;
- Knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics and ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives;
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the organization internally and externally;
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred; or other languages desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results driven environment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to internal and external colleague needs in a manner that consistently adds value;
- Coordinate and implement communications strategies and plans within defined budgets for multi-channel implementations for internal and external stakeholders;
- Provides accurate, timely communications content for dissemination;
- Evaluate effectiveness of current communications initiatives and designing strategies that increase visibility with target markets to advance our mission objectives and promise;
Successful candidate will receive regionally competitive salary, above average health benefits at reduced costs, company paid life insurance & long-term disability insurance, additional voluntary retirement plan with company match and no vesting schedule requirement.
- Paid bereavement and jury duty leave
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible Spending Program
- Company paid malpractice insurance for all providers
- Professional development hours offered annually
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work environment is characteristic of an office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is also required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also possess hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves or their homes. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack of personal care. The employee may also be exposed to bodily fluids (blood, urine) and hazardous chemicals.
WellSpace Health is committed to the principals of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is the intent of WellSpace Health to maintain a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or
Local laws. WellSpace Health is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, submit two (2) writing samples, complete an application, and submit it with your resume.
Learn more here
WellSpace Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted: 2020-06-01