Public Affairs Specialist
MSB Analytics Inc., a Third-Party Certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), nationally recognized company with services in 7 states. Over the past 14 years, MSB Analytics, Inc. has built a solid management structure accommodating change, arising from rapid growth and invested in a comprehensive, competitive benefits program for its workforce. MSBA has been nominated for many awards, including Huntsville Chamber of Commerce “Best Places to work” 2014 -2016, Top Contender. We made the National Inc. 5000 list, ranking #531 and #609 and #1,827 for 2016, 2017, and 2018 respectively. We obtained a 97% Customer Satisfaction rating from nationally recognized Dun and Bradstreet, 2015 and are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
MSB Analytics is seeking for an experienced Public Affairs Specialist to support our DoD customer in Silver Spring, MD. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a professional environment, must have good communication skills, as well as computer aptitude, detail oriented, and able to efficiently multi-task job responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Serves as a Public Affairs Specialist at a DOD agency, supporting the Medical Research Editor.
• Edits the monthly newsletter with attention to detail related to content, layout, photography, graphic design, final preparations for distributions to meet
• Maintains the newsletter editorial calendar (1 year) and includes aligning future content with DoD customer themes, topics and special events, observance, etc.
(Writes stories, photographs, creates graphics, revamps profile stories and news releases) Includes laboratory stories and works with the collateral PAO’s for
articles, input, etc. Requires PAO review and approval prior to distribution.
• Creates social media and news content on medical scientific studies.
• Interacts with Research community and military.
• Maintains a routine review calendar (every six months) of the content on the customer’s public web site and works with departments and web master to update
content and assist the command web master to post. Requires PAO review and approval.
• Coordinates projects between departments by creating digital banners, updating posters, creating and posting information on social Media (FB, IG and Linked-
• Strategizes, collaborates and develops communication plans with customer, using media campaigns to target Medical Research Scientist, schools and trades.
• Provides internal photography support for customer as needed.
• Maintains an easily retrievable library of digital photos (with cut lines) of all publicly releasable customer’s photos.
• Assists with planning, organizing, and documenting special events sponsored by the customer.
• Explores other social media platforms to promote the customer, with review and approval by PAO.
• Travels locally to cover customer’s off-site facilities and events supporting the customers programs and research.
Required education and experience
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study such as public relations/public affairs/communication
• Must have at 5 plus years’ experience in public relations/public affairs/communication
• Must have 3-5 years with journalism background
• Must have 5 years’ experience with graphic design and AP writing style
• Must be a US Citizen and have a Public Trust or Clearance
• Must have good written and oracle communication skills.
• Must be proficient at computer-based methods for data-retrieval, manipulation and presentation of data
• Must be proficient in MS Office and internet research
• Must be a creative and strategic thinker
• Must be able to multitask and operate in a medical research environment.
• Must have theoretical and practical knowledge of human communication
• Must have experience with interviewing a variety of people and gathering information from different sources.
• Must be able to work independently and with a team
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefit Package: MSB Analytics, Inc. has a comprehensive, competitive benefits offering that includes the following key features and benefits that promote employee retention:
• Medical, Dental, STD, LTD, Vision, Life, ADD, 401K match.
For much more visit our web-site,www.msbainc.com.
All positions at MSB Analytics, Inc. are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background investigation result. MSB Analytics, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulties applying for a position and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please contact MSBA.
MSB Analytics, Inc. abides by the equal employment opportunity clause 41 CFR 60-300. 5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
MSB Analytics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-02