Public Affairs Specialist
Plexus is a Network Marketing company and our mission is to enhance the health and happiness of those who support, promote, and use Plexus products. Plexus is passionate about doing it the way it could be done and should be done but rarely is.
Plexus is seeking outstanding individuals, who like working in a collaborative environment, getting the job done right, and empowering others. Plexus was recognized as one of Arizona’s Best Places to Work in 2016 and 2017. We were also ranked No. 1 on the 2015 and 2017 Arizona Corporate Excellence (ACE) Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
The Public Affairs Specialist is responsible for working with senior leadership to support, develop and execute the strategic plan for Plexus Worldwide for government relations, public policy, and corporate advocacy. This position works with government officials and agencies and develops and maintains strong legislative and meaningful public relationships at the local, state, and federal levels. The Public Affairs Specialist is dedicated to representing Plexus, creating awareness, building relationships. This position also provides strategic management and guidance related to external affairs including employee involvement and corporate support related to government, business, community, and trade association engagement.
- Serves as the primary liaison with Local, State, Federal governments, working directly with elected and appointed officials and their staff members to build and foster positive relationships on behalf of Plexus.
- Creates partnerships and coalitions to advance the organization’s goals.
- Monitors and maintains a high degree of awareness of laws, regulations, pending legislation and ballot initiatives, as well as political, economic, and social trends and changes that may affect or potentially impact Plexus.
- Supports government relations strategy with other relevant stakeholders and serves as primary liaison between Plexus subject matter experts throughout the legislative process.
- Represents Plexus interests to policymakers, trade associations, and external policy forums, to ensure that Plexus profile is maximized.
- Coordinates institutional use of legislative and policy tracking tools.
- Serves on task forces and committees as requested by General Counsel and the Sr. Director.
- Supports senior leadership with technical assistance and access to influencers to support strategic initiatives.
- Monitors local, state-wide, industry, and national publications for issues relevant to Plexus.
- Acts as advisor to General Counsel and Sr. Director of Government Relations on public policy issues and develops recommendations for organizational position and strategies related to local, state, and federal legislative and community matters.
- Commit to working together as one team, exceed service expectations by developing positive relationships and treat others with value and respect…always.
- Exhibit an honest and committed effort to delivering as promised, never compromising quality.
- Achieve individual and team goals. Meet deadlines with the resources provided and never compromise ethical standards.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional development. Attend all company required training and actively participate in development conversations with managers.
- Contribute to the overall growth and success of Plexus by embracing the Plexus core values:
- We are One Plexus.
- We are accountable.
- We get the job done right.
- We empower others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, International Relations, Communications, or Business.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Master’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience
- 100% company paid medical, dental and vision for Employees.
- 401k program with a company match and immediate vesting.
- Quarterly bonuses based on company profitability.
- Weekly drawings for gift cards and cash.
Thank you for taking the time to apply for an opportunity with our One Plexus team! If you had any issues during the application process, please contact us directly.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-14