Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Let’s get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins and protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin and protein recommendation based on their diet and health goals — goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations and thoughtful about the quality of our products.
Care/of launched in 2016 and is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, and Juxtapose.
What you’ll do:
Care/of is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and creative Regulatory Affairs Specialist to join our growing and passionate team. You will create, review and/or approve all regulatory aspects associated with physical products such as labeling, packaging elements, and finished product specifications in collaboration with other technical functions. In addition, you will also be obtaining and assembling regulatory documentation such as raw material specifications, allergen information, ingredient status, and acceptability and local regulatory requirements.
Other responsibilities include maintaining internal allergen database, monitoring adverse events, providing responses to technical questions, and facilitating registration into applicable markets. Additionally, you will assist with writing and reviewing department standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Act as a liaison with cross-functional colleagues, industry stakeholders, and outside consultants as needed
- Obtain and assemble documentation for regulatory authorities and other inquiries
- Provide input to Head SRA on acceptability of product claims and/or advertising copy
- Support regulatory activities associated with new innovations and existing products such as preparing labeling documentation, coordinating and reviewing labeling and advertising copy for regulatory compliance and labeling changes control
- Regularly work with Electronic Quality Management system
Who you are:
You are a regulator with passion for the industry, innovation, and a continuous drive for learning. As someone who will frequently be interacting with manufacturers and suppliers, you have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication.
- 2-4 years of experience in regulatory compliance with focus on Dietary Supplements/Natural Health Products and/or food
- BS in Nutrition, Public Health, Chemistry, or other Science related degree
- Proactive and ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and within cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in International markets (Canada, EU, etc.) preferred
- Experience performing scientific substantiation review preferred
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! If you’re submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package because you’re part of the family.
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans. AKA the whole works.
- Unlimited vacation time — because you deserve it.
- Flexible work schedule, including work from home for those days when you’d rather work in your PJs.
- Wellness and commuter benefits (cycle class anyone?).
- Free vitamins and protein 💊
- Guided in-office meditation sessions to take a little stress out of your day.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, we’re committed to building the best team we can. This means we hire for potential and support every team member through each step of their career development. We strive to build a safe and inclusive place for our team to think differently and push the status quo, because we believe that building a diverse team allows us to do our best work — and have a little fun too.
Care/of does not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability and require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-15