Senior Associate Public Affairs
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
In this position, you will report directly into the Head of Public Affairs (initially, into VP Global Public & Regulatory) and work closely with other members of the management.
The role will work on all aspects of matters of public affairs for Lilium. The company is embarking on an entirely new concept, bringing air transportation into cities, thus close liaison with governments and lawmakers will be beneficial to ensure our vision becomes reality. This means engaging countries and cities as well as potential partners around the globe.
Our vision is bold, it is new and will require global top talent to make it happen.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is building on a green field and shaping the strategy of one of the most exciting companies worldwide. We strongly believe that our air transportation service is a true benefit for cities and people around the world, with low noise and zero air pollution, as well as affordable pricing, it will enrich how we live our lives and enable many more opportunities, as well as economic growth.
In developed countries, it will aid congested cities, rebalance urbanisation and make the dream of countryside living and city working a reality. Thanks to the low-cost infrastructure needs, it will also help governments significantly improve the infrastructure needed for the next century. In developing nations, our technology might be even more revolutionising by leapfrogging completely the building of high speed road and rail networks.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. This position will be based out of Munich or Washington, D.C.
Your Day to Day:
- Establish and maintain relationships with official bodies and stakeholders in relevant geographies
- Conduct research, prepare high-level meetings, and work out written submissions and statements
- Support the development of our strategy and work with other departments within our company to develop political solutions tailored to their needs
- Monitor activities and alterations in legislation in relevant jurisdictions globally
- Attend interest group meetings, select committee hearings, party conferences and other events
- Min. 10+ years of work experience in politics, public sector, media, or public affairs with exposure to top-level decision makers
- Strong political network in relevant geographies
- Work experience and/or deep personal interest in passenger transportation and/or aviation
- MBA, strategy consulting, start-up, or other relevant business experience a plus
- Strong academic background, especially in law, a plus
- Fluent in English; additional skills in German and other relevant languages a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and able to develop positive working relationships across different levels and functions
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. We’ll support you on every step of your journey, offering a relocation allowance and documentation for visa application.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-04