Senior Associate, Public Affairs
PLUS Communications, a public affairs firm based in Arlington, Virginia, is looking for a Senior Associate to join the growing team. In this role, you will support a variety of public affairs and corporate communications accounts – from Fortune 500 companies to trade associations and non-profits.
Do you love taking complex information and synthesizing it into something tangible? Are you a master at crafting persuasive messages? Do you have an eye for the details? Do you stay up-to-date on the latest media trends and have a pulse on the political landscape? Are you a natural storyteller?
If so, this is the role for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Draft key messaging, press releases, toolkits, talking points and other media materials for key client accounts.
- Proactively identify storylines, develop press lists, draft pitches and foster relationships with key reporters.
- Conduct research and synthesize findings in a compelling analysis.
- Serve as a project manager for key client accounts to oversee vendors / field teams, tracking and maintaining deadlines and key deliverables.
- Support event coordination and logistics for media events and briefings.
- Support the development of communications plans.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations for new business opportunities and current clients.
- Assist in account operational activities such as preparing regular reports / trackers.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience in communications – either in a PR agency, with a political campaign, on Capitol Hill or in a corporate setting.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
- Proven relationships with the media and familiarity with the newest media outlets; experience pitching press across a variety of issues.
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Significant experience writing and editing materials for multiple voices – including elected officials, CEOs, and other C-Suite executives.
- Strong understanding of AP Style.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously working across a variety of issues.
- Ability to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities.
- A team player with a can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches.
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a fast-paced work environment on a growing team with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
ABOUT PLUS COMMUNICATIONS
PLUS Communications is a beltway-based consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia, specializing in public affairs and corporate communications work focused on grassroots mobilization, crisis communication, coalition building, media relations, advertising, digital engagement, litigation support and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, PLUS Communications’ ability to design and deploy a successful advocacy effort is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. PLUS Communications is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-10-02