Senior Community Affairs Manager
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for a stellar Senior Community Affairs Manager to help support and promote Lyft’s state and local policy initiatives. Reporting to the Community Affairs Director, the Senior Community Affairs Manager will be a key part of building the Lyft movement and achieving public policy progress for Lyft nationwide.
- Develop and oversee implementation of comprehensive community affairs strategies and campaigns at the regional, state, and local level across the eastern part of the United States
- Work cross-functionally across the Lyft organization to build relationships with drivers, riders, and other essential members of the Lyft community and to engage those key community members in meaningful action to further Lyft’s policy and social impact goals
- Work closely with Public Policy Managers to develop a local community engagement strategy that will support the ridesharing movement and Lyft’s local legislative initiatives
- Build a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits, community organizations, and trade associations in Lyft’s markets
- Create scalable rapid response and long-term grassroots engagement strategies at the local, state, and regional levels
- Plan and staff government relations events such as community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, meetups, etc.
- Recruit and train Lyft activists who will advocate for ridesharing in meetings and hearings with lawmakers, regulators as well as local media
- Coordinate and execute the use of political tactics such as advertising, in-district meetings, rallies, 1:1 meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5+ years experience as an organizer/director, digital strategist, event manager, or advance team member for political campaigns (preferably city and/or state level) / (2-3 years if Organizer)
- Experience in East Coast politics is a plus
- Experience recruiting and remotely managing volunteers
- Knowledge of best-in-class organizing strategy and tactics
- Strong understanding of digital organizing and social media engagement
- Impeccable event organization skills
- Command of guerrilla marketing and offline advertising tactics
- Passionate commitment to the Lyft community and the sharing economy
- Charismatic in-person presence and public speaking ability
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-10