Senior Digital Manager
Launched in 2018, the Groundwork Collaborative is a mission-driven effort to advance an economic vision that delivers meaningful opportunity and prosperity for everyone. We work with economic policy experts, progressive movement leaders, and activists on the front lines of progressive causes in communities across the country to develop and advance a progressive economic worldview, collaborate and foster new ideas, and develop new pathways to share information. We’re committed to breaking down issue silos, supporting and amplifying each other’s work, and showing up for one another on critical economic issue campaigns.
The Senior Digital Manager will be our lead digital strategist, developing and helping to manage Groundwork’s digital communications portfolio and ensuring that we execute a significant portion of our overall communications strategy in a timely and coordinated manner.
This position will oversee and grow Groundwork’s online reach through digital channels, including our social media channels, website properties, and creative digital assets such as video, graphics, and other creative and digital products. The Senior Digital Manager will also promote the work and thought leadership of leading progressives on the economy, monitor and tracking messaging to advance the progressive narrative and worldview on the economy.
As Senior Digital Manager you will…
- Work with the Communications team to develop, manage and track outcomes of our digital communications strategies, as well as ensure that our strategies align with our organizational goals, including on Groundwork’s social media channels, website properties, email program, and toolkits
- Manage paid digital ad strategy, including placing ads, making ad buys and tracking, measuring, optimizing, and reporting ad performance
- Measure and optimize our digital platforms and channels to maximize impact to expand our digital footprint
- Manage and develop Groundwork’s digital assets, including videos, graphic design, and other digital products
- Work creatively, using all the digital communications tools at our disposal, to help create a through line narrative on the economy.
- Identify opportunities—and develop materials with other relevant staffers—to promote and publicize organizational initiatives, activities, reports, and content.
- Conduct digital outreach and run influencer strategy, draft social media and website content and execute other key tactics for successful digital strategy.
- Supervise and execute communications-related Groundwork programming on our digital channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You have experience developing robust digital strategies, which include social media, website and creative, highly-shareable content that will attract engagement and increase influence.
- You have experience creating and executing digital media.
- You have an interest in progressive messaging on the economy.
- You have a keen awareness of the news cycles and political/legislative calendars and how Groundwork’s progressive economic worldview and campaign goals might fit into them.
- You’re a pro at multitasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans.
- You’re creative and innovative, willing to try new approaches to solving old problems.
In addition, it would be a bonus if…
- You’re familiar with the progressive economic policymaking community.
- You have social media and rapid response experience.
- You are interested in, or have experience with developing digital strategies
- You have experience in project management.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $95,000, commensurate with experience.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union, and employment terms will be subject to future collective bargaining.
How to apply
To begin the application process, please provide a cover letter, your resume, and your portfolio (e.g., link to your website, a pdf, or other access to examples of your work).
Please note that we may not be able to send a response directly to everyone who applies.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
New Venture Fund Careers
Groundwork Collaborative is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
New Venture Fund has extended its work-from-home and essential travel requirements through August 1, 2021. All employees must continue to work from home, and work travel remains restricted to essential, pre-approved travel only. In considering this extension, our main priority remained and will continue to be the safety of all employees. We want to ensure that you are able to impact the world in a meaningful way while staying healthy and well. NVF has also provided COVID-19 leave which staff can request to manage any COVID-19-related needs such as if they or a household member is sick if they are unable to find childcare and other needs.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-06