Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Director, Global Public Relations
The Senior Director, Global Public Relations, is part of the global external and financial communications team. This role is responsible for external communications about the company’s global business strategy and impact, focusing largely on brand public relations and, secondarily, corporate communications. The role includes extensive interaction with media and with key external and internal stakeholders. The role works across functions and with partners around the world to create proactive and reactive messaging for all channels. The position reports to the Global Vice President, External and Financial Communications.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Lead the development, creation and implementation of brand PR strategies, focusing on global beverage categories, sports, gaming and music.
- Work in close partnership with the overall team, especially the director of brand public relations.
- Serve as main point of contact for the Coca-Cola marketing organization and OpenX, our partnership with WPP.
- Partner with OpenX to coordinate communications plans for priority marketing campaigns and platforms.
- Partner with the company’s Platform Services organization on key issues as needed, including metrics that measure success.
- Partner with colleagues from operating units around the world to coordinate global campaigns and to amplify local or regional campaigns.
- Provide support for corporate communications as needed, including for earnings and other financial matters; management announcements; and corporate governance.
- Build and sustain relationships with key media contacts.
- Build and sustain influencer strategy and engagement.
- Lead content creation for all channels, including researching, developing, writing and editing.
- Provide coaching to senior leaders to help them serve as effective spokespeople for the company.
- Manage media engagements for senior leaders, focusing on the marketing organization.
- Coordinate with global communications teams, bottling partners and other functions to ensure consistent messaging.
- Focus on the future of communications and seek ways to break through and reach target audiences.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, journalism, English or a PR-related discipline.
- Ten (10) or more years of work experience in communications and/or related fields, including media and publishing. Agency or journalism experience preferred. Entertainment industry experience is a plus.
- Storytelling: Expertise developing and delivering articles, press releases, social content, videos and images, backgrounders, pitches, fact sheets, speeches, bios, executive briefing materials, PR update/recap presentations, position statements, talking points and other press/media materials. Materials to be created in a timely manner with strong attention to detail. Ability to find unique angles and opportunities to capture work in a compelling manner for internal and external audiences.
- Media relations: Solid understanding of the news cycle and media; media relations experience, including creating media strategies and pitching traditional and social media; ability to provide timely and in-depth analysis of coverage results and trends; manage and interact with media in crisis situations. Previous experience as a journalist is a plus.
- Project management: Ability to effectively run programs and projects; ensure timeliness and accuracy of deliverables; anticipate challenges, develop recommendations and brief managers; manage project budget and relevant agency partner teams; effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities for multiple managers; ability to forecast issues and resolve conflict; strong time-management skills.
Estimated Travel: 5% with some international involved
Strategic Public Relations; Public Affairs; Media Public Relations; Public Relations (PR) Writing; Financial Communications; Business Communications; Project Management
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Job posted: 2022-08-27