Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Director Public Affairs
Vinted is Europe’s biggest pre-loved fashion marketplace, with 75+ million registered members in 18 countries. We want to make second-hand the first choice worldwide.
A team of 1,200+ people from Vinted’s offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Prague, and Amsterdam develop and support our platform. We share a unique work culture that’s based on aiming high, taking ownership, co-creating, caring, and growth.
As Director of Public Affairs, you will work with the Public Affairs Manager and key cross-functional stakeholders to share the company’s perspective, respond to the legislative initiatives, and help relevant stakeholders to implement the respective regulatory changes.
We expect you to leverage your experience working with or in government, NGOs, corporate social responsibility or corporate public policy teams, as well as an ability to work across functions to develop and execute a global strategy and measure its success.
In this position, you’ll:
- Build the Public affairs function for Vinted:
- Define, lead and execute public affairs strategy to support business objectives at European & Global levels.
- Lead the Public Affairs team.
- Promote and represent Vinted vision and values before the government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- Monitor relevant regulatory, policy and political developments, assess their impact on the company’s and deliver analyses to the key internal stakeholders.
- Draft position papers and design other relevant materials on core policy and regulatory issues, by working across functions to ensure alignment between business objectives and the government affairs strategy.
- Coordinate cross-functional working groups with a diverse set of internal partners.
- Represent Vinted externally in publications, events, and policymaker settings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience. 10-15 years of experience working on technology policy, ideally in a corporate environment. Excellent project management skills with experience working with international teams and a variety of collaborators
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them, and experience advocating on behalf of companies core tech policy issues.
- Experience in structuring and organising the Public Affairs function, ideally within a tech-company.
- Experience in working independently on public affairs and/or tech policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- A deep knowledge of the political and institutional dynamics at EU levels gained by working with policy makers and regulatory bodies at EU levels.
- Ability to write and translate complex issues into a language suitable for either technical or non-technical audiences and to communicate impactfully in person and in writing.
- Experience in executing cross-functional projects.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a high attention to detail, and drive projects to successful completion.
- Autonomous, rigorous, curious and motivated. Team player with can-do attitude, willingness to learn and ability to adapt quickly and in a rapidly changing environment.
- Opportunity to join our share options programme
- Learning budget (10% from gross yearly salary)
- 25 working days of holiday
- Mental- and emotional-health support from Mindletic
- A daily allowance for ordering lunch
- Monthly team-building events
- A personal budget for shopping on Vinted
- A yearly workation allowance of 90 days, 21 of which can be spent working outside of the EU
- Home office support (IT workstation equipment provided + a personal budget of up to 540 € for home workplace furniture)
We want people to work from where they’re most comfortable, which is why we’re using a hybrid workplace model at Vinted for the foreseeable future.
Hybrid means that we encourage working from the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and the remainder of your time from either home or the office, but it’s not required. You’re welcome to work from either location all or some of the time, depending on what you think is best and safest for you, and how the Covid-19 situation is developing where you are. We’re looking for a person who would be based out of Brussels.
If this sounds interesting – you may well be just who we need!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-21