Senior Government Affairs Representative
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Represents the organization to the state government on proposed legislations that is of vital concern to the organization and customers. Develops and maintains credible and professional relationships with legislators, various heads of state agencies and their assistants and staff.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 1
1. Direct communication and lobbying of members of Congress, the PA General Assembly and multiple state legislatures on public policy issues impacting the corporation to ensure a positive legislative outcome. May require public policy research, development of advocacy and educational materials for external public.
2. Communicate with management and various external audiences including trade associations and state agency personnel to present and explain organization’s position on issues affecting its business.
3. Support the identification, development, implementation and monitoring of state legislation and regulations and which will promote the organization’s business strategy.
4. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
Is Travel Required?
Yes (Travel not required during COVID-19)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-17