Senior Manager, Communications
· Drive business growth by raising the firm’s visibility nationally and increasing awareness of the firm among its target audiences, developing an annual plan and budget and overseeing all firm communications in support of the firm’s strategic plan.
· Direct responsibility and 24/7 oversight of all of the content on firm’s digital properties (Quarles.com, Q&B blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and monitoring for hacking, comments, direct messages or any usage that would affect the Quarles & Brady brand.
· Provide direction and strategy to practice groups and industry teams on marketing communications and public relations plans/activities in alignment with group business plans, including online advocacy, brand-related campaigns, thought leadership and community-outreach efforts.
· Serve as a key partner and advisor to firm leadership for internal communications efforts ensuring consistent, frequent, transparent and impactful communications. .
· Plan, implement and manage any brand/thought leadership campaign initiatives the firm undertakes.
· Work with the Account Team Leaders as their key communications contact and consultant. Provide strategic and practical advice, on marketing campaign development and help manage the coordination of all aspects of campaign implementation- online, in print, in person.
· Serve as the first point of contact on all firm crises, interacting with the firm’s general counsel, ethics counsel, and PR agencies to minimize risk and exposure; maintain high level of confidentiality regarding executive and crises communications.
· Serve as Client Relations Department leader on state ethics rules, SPAM laws and trademark/copyright laws ensuring compliance, minimizing risk relative to all communications.
· Work with the Marketing Technology Manager to analyze any tracking and data analysis from all digital properties, providing insights, vision, recommendations to practice groups and industry teams to drive business.
· Forecast and present to senior management how content marketing and public relations affect business development.
· Direct and supervise the services provided by the firm’s national and regional public relations counsel in support of strategic directives and as opportunities arise.
· Work closely with the Marketing Technology Manager on technology projects that require communications consulting such as the website, social media and other technology.
· Provide coaching, education and training on emerging issues.
· Implement and enforce corporate brand and graphic identity standards, ensuring a consistent image of Quarles & Brady across all communications channels.
· Create and manage digital and PR budgets.
· College degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
· 7+ years progressively responsible, related experience, preferably at a law firm or professional services organization.
· Experience leading teams and managing people and enterprise-wide projects.
· Extensive knowledge of regulations governing legal marketing, lawyer advertising, ethics, SPAM, copyright/trademark laws.
· Strong written and presentation skills.
· Team player, leader, ability to coordinate many issues/projects at once.
· Strong attention to detail including error-free, superior proofreading.
· High aptitude for technology and data.
· Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task.
· Must be comfortable completing projects on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Learn more here
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted: 2020-06-08