Senior Manager of Digital Communications
Founded in 1991 and funded by America’s leading distillers, Responsibililty.org is a national, independent, not-for-profit organization headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. We lead the fight to eliminate underage drinking, end drunk driving and other forms of impaired driving and promote responsible decision-making regarding beverage alcohol.
Today, we are transforming and improving the way Americans address the issues of drunk driving, underage drinking and responsible alcohol consumption on both a national and community level. Through cutting-edge, science-based educational programs and innovative communications campaigns, we are blazing a new trail toward progress on those three critical issues.
As our Senior Manager of Digital Communications, you will shape, implement, evaluate and refine the organization’s communications strategy across its web properties and digital platforms. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Communications & Branding.
This is not just another nonprofit. And if you are not just another job candidate, this is the place and the role for you.
- Managing websites to include adding new content and regular updates
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of our social media strategy, ensuring those efforts align with the greater department goals and organizational objectives
- Highly skilled at compiling and analyzing performance analytics and data to design digital communication strategies and aid in ongoing optimization and refinement of those efforts
- Provide regular reports and lead regular full-staff meetings evaluating various digital communications efforts, providing sound, actionable insight
- Lead digital marketing efforts promoting various products and initiatives across paid, owned & social channels
- Provide creative direction and submit requests for website visual assets to our creative services team and support production of those assets
- Manage and serve as day-to-day contact for multiple vendor relationships including digital agency and ad-hoc vendors
- Directly manage and mentor the team’s highly skilled and motivated Social Media Manager
- Stay current on digital trends and how they affect Responsibility.org’s strategies
- Manage advertising, digital resources and other budgets as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, advertising, public relations, marketing, or a related field
- 4-7 years’ relevant experience
- Proficient in WordPress, basic HTML, and Google Analytics
- Google AdWords Certification a plus
- Strong leadership and customer service skills
- Experience designing and implementing advocacy campaigns
- Excellent judgment, emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills
- Highly skilled writer, presenter and public speaker
- High integrity & detail-oriented
- Ability to lead by example and mentor colleagues in effort to achieve communications goals
- Ability to distill complex policy information into easily digestible, public-facing communications messaging
- Ability to manage multiple projects and people at once
- Ability to adapt to and handle unplanned situations
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-05