Senior Manager, Federal Affairs
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
Robinhood is looking to hire a senior professional to join our team as Senior Manager, Federal Affairs. This role will focus on federal advocacy and government affairs related to legislative and regulatory matters, and will report to our Deputy General Counsel of Regulatory, Litigation and Government Affairs. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working on federal government relations with a primary focus on US Congress
- Facilitating participation in industry associations
- Navigating complex policy and regulatory frameworks to design innovative financial products and services
- Monitoring legislation and agency and SRO policy and regulatory developments
- Developing partnerships to help drive policy efforts
- Facilitating policy conversations and long-term partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Developing content to drive advocacy and engagement with Congress, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 8+ years of public policy experience
- Substantial experience working for a member of Congress or a Congressional committee
- Experience with financial services companies
- Existing relationships and positive rapport with relevant government stakeholders and industry groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; phenomenal ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
- Execution oriented mindset with the humility, drive, and scrappiness to get things done
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-28