Senior Manager, Federal Government Affairs
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
This position will be responsible for advocating for company policy positions, monitoring and tracking federal legislation, regulation and issues important to the company’s strategic mission. This person will be responsible for maintaining relationships with Republican members of The United States Senate and will represent the company at industry events. this role will also manage political action committee strategy for Republican Senators.
Experience with energy tax policy and/or work on Senate finance committee issues is strongly preferred.
Leaders in this role are involved with special interest groups and high visibility issues to develop a corporate response and to interact with various interested constituencies, influencing their action so they are supportive of the company’s position. This position establishes communication between special interest groups. Individuals identify emergent political issues that have high likelihood of affecting the company. Individuals work closely with field, to apprise of arising issues from incumbent’s constituencies and to be the listening post for their local issues.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors and tracks federal legislation, regulation and issues important to the company’s strategic mission
- Develops and maintains relationships with members of Congress and the administration with emphasis in areas of committee members relevant to issues important to the company
- Manages political action committee and grassroots efforts nationally
- Provides in depth research on Congressional committees, proposed legislation, issues important to the company, etc.
- Participates in developing internal strategic planning to accomplish legislative goals of the company
- Responds to congressional inquiries involving the company or affecting the company’s interests
- Gathers and analyzes information regarding issues and activities of Congress and federal agencies and how this may relate to the company interests
- Conducts research on current political issues affecting the company and electric utility industry for wider distribution throughout the company
- Generates correspondence, activity reports, summaries and analysis of issues and legislation that are strategic for the company
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Master’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory/External Affairs
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-22