Senior Manager, Government Affairs
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of Company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Be responsible for setting the direction for the Company’s regional government relations objectives and advancing community and policy interests. You will contribute to the Company’s regional operations successes by developing region-specific strategies and programs that complement the Company’s mission, goals, and objectives.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
Establish and maintain relationships with community and government stakeholders to promote Starbucks’ operational objectives.
- Develop and lead public policy strategies that drive Starbucks regional policy agenda, working with cross-functional teams to design positions and implement strategies that support U.S. business objectives.
- Represent Starbucks at local and regional civic meetings and events.
- Understand and navigate the intricacies of business, community, trade associations, local government, law enforcement, and non-profit interests.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Master’s degree in political science, public policy, communications, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience working with public officials, both appointed and elected, and non-profit and civic leaders;
- 10+ years of diversified experience in communications, public policy, or social impact, preferably in public policy or corporate environments;
- Ability to work independently and with others in a matrix environment;
- Self-starter with excellent judgment and high integrity.
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It’s time for you to #beapartner. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-27