Senior Manager, Government Affairs
Launched in 2018, the Groundwork Collaborative is a mission-driven effort to advance an economic vision that delivers meaningful opportunity and prosperity for everyone. We work with economic policy experts, progressive movement leaders, and activists on the front lines of progressive causes in communities across the country to develop and advance a progressive economic worldview, collaborate and foster new ideas, and develop new pathways to share information. We’re committed to breaking down issue silos, supporting and amplifying each other’s work, and showing up for one another on critical economic issue campaigns.
The Senior Manager, Government Affairs is a leader on the Campaigns and Partnership team, and will coordinate and streamline Groundwork’s interactions with the Hill and administration, and help build and sustain relationships with elected and administration officials, their staff, and other key partners to advance a progressive economic worldview.
As a Senior Manager, Government Affairs, you’ll:
- Work in coordination with all our teams to create and manage government affairs plans that advance Groundwork’s core mission.
- Build and maintain relationships with staff in targeted Hill offices, caucuses, and committees, as well as coalition partners.
- Prepare and adapt written materials for disseminating Groundwork’s resources and messaging to a Hill audience.
- Contribute to the design and project management of cross-team campaigns and advocacy efforts, including working with policy experts, activists, and progressive movement leaders in support of Groundwork’s campaigns and rapid response work.
- Support logistics, operations, and coordinating contracts for our programs, including briefings and events.
- You’re committed to advocating for an economy that works for everyone and centers justice and equity.
- You have experience with lobbying, advocacy, and/or policy analysis.
- You have experience building relationships with elected officials and their staff at the federal level.
- You have experience as a project manager, building projects from brainstorm to execution.
- You’re resourceful, well-organized, and live for the details.
- You’re comfortable working under tight deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- You’re eager to learn and capable of picking things up quickly.
- You’re a problem solver who suggests solutions when you see challenges.
- You’re flexible and willing to pitch in.
- You’re comfortable using (or learning) Google Suite, Slack, major social media platforms, and Microsoft Office.
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have Hill experience and/or nonprofit advocacy experience.
- You have experience lobbying or advocating at the state or local level.
- You have experience working on or studying relevant areas of economic policy.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $95,000, commensurate with experience.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union, and employment terms will be subject to future collective bargaining.
How to apply
- Please also include at least 2 references who can speak to you as a candidate for this job – the references should be colleagues from previous employment, internships, professors or teachers, volunteer coordinators, etc., who can speak to having worked with you in some capacity. At least one should be a supervisor.
Please note that we may not be able to send a direct reply to everyone who applies. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
Groundwork Collaborative is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-28