Senior Manager – International Policy
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager – International Policy to be located in Washington, DC.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager – International Policy, is responsible for driving key international issues under the supervision of the Head, International Policy. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, Washington, D.C.-based trade associations, international organizations and government bodies.
Under direction of the Head, International Policy, the Senior Manager will;
- Internally coordinate and communicate to ensure alignment on international policy issues.
- Assist in shaping and influencing a multifaceted global trade & tax agenda in Washington, D.C.
- Represent J&J in industry coalitions in support of international objectives (e.g., supporting global intellectual property and value for innovation).
- Support substantive engagement of J&J executives in Washington, D.C.-based organizations (e.g. PhRMA ISEC, Chamber of Commerce, relevant business councils).
- Provide leadership on international issues with the following organizations:
- Trade Associations (PhRMA, BIO, AdvaMed, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, GIPC)
- U.S. government agencies (Departments of Commerce and USTR)
- Foreign governments, including embassy officers and visiting foreign officials
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in government affairs or public policy is required, preferably in Washington DC
- Subject matter expertise on international policy issues
- Strong demonstrable skills and experience within matrix-based organizations
- Ability to lead without formal authority
- Ability to build relationships based on trust, integrity and inclusiveness
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize
- Able to work independently, as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
- Intellectual flexibility to continually develop and learn new skills
- Demonstrable corporate agility – innovative working and decision making within a complex organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially over departmental and geographical boundaries
- Proven track record of delivering result in complex environment
- Excellent leadership skills with willingness to lead new and creative initiatives
- Ability to quickly establish credibility across all levels of the business and with external stakeholders
- Ability to create clear, logical, compelling and concise documents and positions and articulate them effectively
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and out-of-the- box thinking
- Committed to ethical business practices
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Domestic and International travel up to 10% is expected
- A postgraduate degree
- Experience working with US and foreign government agencies
- Experience in healthcare, particularly in medical devices and/or pharmaceuticals is strongly preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-District of Columbia-Washington-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-22