Senior Manager – Political Affairs
Come join Intuit as a Manager 3 Corporate Affairs Government Relations.
The Senior Manager, Political Affairs will assist in the development of a best-in-class internal corporate-wide grassroots electronic database infrastructure and advanced external advocacy capabilities that will enable activation of Intuit people, assets, vendors and expanded business relationship networks to help assist lobbying and advocacy activities in the states and federally.
The Senior Manager of Political Affairs, Coalitions and Grassroots will serve as a part of the political strategy team which will work directly with our Federal and State Government Relations teams as well as Communications and other relevant functions. This position will report directly to the Director U.S. Government Relations and Political Affairs.
The Senior Manager will work very closely with our lobbyists and help with oversight and promotion of political and grassroots programs. The Senior Manager also will assist with the growth of the 21 st Century Leadership Fund, develop political contributions strategies, and help develop and execute employee solicitation.
In addition, incumbent will help serve in the development of economic and political grassroots networks and coalitions in the US that will support Intuit public policy positions on key federal and state issues as well as an integrated public affairs campaign.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Help lead the development of a best-in-class internal corporate-wide grassroots electronic database infrastructure that will enable activation of Intuit people, assets, customers, vendors and expanded business relationships networks to help assist lobbying activities in the states and federally.
- Work as a key part of the Intuit Corporate Affairs Government Relations Team, including supporting the Director of U.S. Government Relations and Political Affairs,
- Position will partner with federal and state relations, public affairs and other team members to generate focus and support for Intuit public policy positions, issues and efforts to shape the public policy frameworks to support Intuit businesses.
- Manage and direct the development and growth of the Intuit 21st Century Leadership Fund PAC.
- Manage and oversee the Intuit State Political Giving Board contributions and compliance
- Help foster and maintain relationships with party organizations and other industry PACs. Engage with industry trade association political directors.
- Help manage political and charitable events Intuit sponsors or is otherwise involved with to ensure positive outcomes and the best representation for the company.
- Assist in scheduling and staffing visits to Washington DC and the states for senior Intuit executives and operational partners with counterparts in the Congress, state legislatures, regulatory agencies and departments.
- Assist with the promotion of favorable public relations in the Washington DC area, in collaboration with Intuit Corporate Affairs team.
- Assist with oversight of compliance of relevant federal and state regulations regarding political giving and lobbying disclosure.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in a corporate or association GR/political affairs role and has senior professional experience working in Congress for a relevant Committee of jurisdiction.
- Incumbent will be experienced in political campaigns and the use of technology to help deploy political support- internally and externally- to assist in lobbying and public affairs activities.
- Incumbent will be skilled at coalition building at various levels of government and across industries. He/She will have significant experience leveraging third-party activities, policy development, and advocacy to advance company and industry goals
- Incumbent will be familiar with political election law and processes at the federal and state level. Experience managing a PAC board, and be familiar with political election law and processes at the federal level.
- Experience in a corporate or association GR/political affairs and advocacy role and has senior professional experience working with Congress and political campaign professionals.
- Ability to work effectively and productively with congressional staff and federal government officials, as well as with internal partners in the company.
- Ability to understand complex legislative procedures, long-term strategies, and to work with broad coalitions to effectively leverage political affairs function.
- Strong legislative and policy analysis skills and the ability to translate into political affairs opportunities and strategies in a timely manner.
- The ability to work in and be an integral part of an action-oriented, decision-making environment.
- Have existing bi partisan relationships or the ability to build a network at all levels of government and business.
- A reputation for ethical conduct and a commitment to ethical behavior.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- A thorough understanding gained through government experience of U.S. Government political, legislative and regulatory processes, as well as the resources and skills needed to successfully advance Intuit business objectives within those processes.
- Energetic, collegial, responsive, articulate, and hard-working.
- Ability to manage and organize a complex array of issues, projects, and goals in furtherance of Intuit business objectives.
- Honest and a team-oriented.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- High degree of political acumen.
- Management experience developing and implementing management processes that drive efficiency, collaboration and superior performance.
- Ability to continually raise expectations of performance. Initiates action with energy and eye towards the bottom line.
- Communicates effectively and with sensitivity to the particular audience.
- Ability to come up with next breakthrough thing to do; is creative, can manage innovation; has broad interests and knowledge.
- Be energetic, bright, hardworking and willing to offer opinions and judgments.
- Be honest and loyal. Politically sensitive. Self-starter, proactive, creative and effective and understands constant change in business and political environments.
- Capacity and drive to understand fully the business and operational elements of Intuit; including understanding what is mission-critical from the trivial.
- Ability to manage, support and develop people. Create accountability, provide keen and productive feedback and gets the most and best out of people.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and make decisions quickly.
- Must exude professional image and have the ability to handle people and situations with tact, diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and a sense of urgency. Can make difficult decisions and works through conflict.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, professional and ethical work practices.
- Inspires people, organizations and teams to perform at a higher level, embrace change. Understand what motivates people and enables them to outperform for the organization.
- Ability to handle stress and work comfortably in a fast –paced environment where priorities and direction may change frequently
The successful candidate will have a B.A. or a B.S. Strong preference will be given to those candidates with a relevant graduate degree.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-22