Senior Manager, State & Local Government Relations
About the role
As Senior Manager, State & Local Government Relations, you will help build and lead our government relations and policy presence with State and Local electors, regulators, and key stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to develop and implement our government relations strategy at the state and local level, communicating Chime’s mission to state legislatures, appropriate state agencies, policy makers, and stakeholders. You are passionate about creating access to safe and secure financial solutions to all that need them and you are a fierce advocate for financial solutions that meet the needs of everyday Americans.
In this role, you can expect to
- Help build Chime’s emerging state policy practice and craft and execute our legislative and political strategy at the state and local level.
- Build relationships with state legislators and state executive branches, including key cabinet agencies, and staff and represent Chime at legislative and regulatory hearings.
- Participate in trade groups and industry associations on behalf of the company.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver critical information and data to support Chime’s member and business objectives.
- Collaborate to craft policy solutions that serve the Chime member community while meeting political realities.
- Manage external political consultants and resources.
- Coordinate with counterparts at peer companies and industry trade associations to build effective coalitions.
To thrive in this role, you have
- A JD or Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Government, Public Affairs, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of public policy or government experience.
- Demonstrated experience in financial services or technology policy and government relations.
- An understanding on how to lead a government relations efforts, build effective lobbying strategies, grassroots organizing, and the nuances of policy-making.
- An analytical mindset with strong written and oral advocacy skills.
- A bias for action, are organized, and have a track record as a leader.
- A self-starter attitude; you are motivated to do well by doing good.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We’ve raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-02