Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Dierbergs is seeking a Senior Marketing Communications Manager for its in-house ad agency to work closely with internal clients, direct reports and company owners to develop, coordinate, direct and facilitate strategic communications.
The best person for this role is a leader, a problem solver, a fast learner and an idea generator. This person has a fire burning to always learn more, will roll up their sleeves to get the job done and wants to make a positive impact in a changing retail industry.
We need a person who always has a creative idea brewing and can guide direct reports to develop their own ideas and encourage them to produce their best work. We want someone who thrives on leading team collaboration and loves the challenge of developing unique ways to deliver an impactful message. This person will have an appreciation for the important, but sometimes minor details…the kind that can make a profound impact to customer service.
- Provide strategic leadership & build strong partnerships with assigned internal clients to better develop, coordinate, direct and facilitate communications designed to meet business goals.
- Manage and guide account management team on building strategic, targeted, creative content and multi-channel campaigns that support company goals.
- Provide hands-on advertising support for assigned store departments, paying close attention to business goals and timelines. Works with leadership to keep a pulse on overall store activity to identify cross marketing opportunities.
- Articulate and provide creative direction to an in-house design group, photographers and other media production specialists integral to the completion of marketing projects.
- Partner with the department vice president and other core managers to collaborate with one another and motivate teammates to develop and execute successful marketing programs.
- Promote good ideas throughout the department and the organization.
- Responsible for researching and understanding key business challenges, customer behavior, target audiences, competitive activity and environmental factors that impacts programs within the store and assigned departments.
- Adjusts and communicates plan changes as necessary to ensure costs for materials, media, and labor are in line with the sales potential for a specific product or campaign.
- Keeps informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications, supermarkets and other retailers to foster ideas and innovation.
- This role requires strong versatile copywriting skills across all marketing channels.
- Contributes ideas for new in-store programs, researches and recommends branding.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of advertising or marketing experience
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills utilized in prior roles.
- People management experience is a strong plus.
- Service-oriented attitude with a focus on client satisfaction
- Excellent copywriting & creative skills.
- Press release writing skills is a plus.
- Must be creative in both thought process and writing style.
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational, planning and coordination skills; ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Takes full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess a sense of urgency, self-motivated and detail minded
- Strong interpersonal skills; builds collaborative relationships
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic and facilitation skills required
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues; involves the right people to work through complexities and identify potential solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems experience
- Primary hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., may include some evenings and weekends
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks an Associate in the position may be required to perform.
Discover your hometown career at the Hometown Store!
Celebrating 166 years, Dierbergs is a family-owned retail supermarket chain with more than 4,000 associates, 24 St. Louis metro-area stores and a location at Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks. Named the #1 grocery store in Missouri (by MSN.com) and the 11th best grocery store in the nation (by Consumer Reports), we are known for our superior customer service and wide range of fresh, healthy products. We also give back to our communities through a variety of annual initiatives.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-29