Senior Vice President, Public Affairs
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a senior vice president to join its public affairs team in our Washington D.C. office. Successful candidates are fluent in strategic communications and work well in team dynamics to support clients with some of the most pressing issues of the day. We seek dynamic individuals who are self-starters, quick-studies, and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environments. This individual will lead teams and develop strategies for the firm’s corporate and non-profit clients, including in our Multicultural Communications and Engagement practice.
- Previous experience working on campaigns, in government, at a corporation or public relations agency.
- Experience working on corporate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion communications, social or racial justice advocacy and/or with multicultural media.
- Experience in client relationship management, including delivering strategic advice independently to clients.
- Success in expanding relationships with existing clients and actively pursuing new business opportunities.
- A track record of building media strategies and placing a wide range of national print and broadcast stories.
- Excellent writing skills and experience crafting a variety of communications materials including drafting op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements as well as other communication documents.
- Strong strategic instincts and ability to develop and execute against communications and strategic plans.
- Experience leading a talented and dynamic team while cultivating a collaborative atmosphere.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines in tandem.
- Strong research capabilities including leveraging social listening tools and other platforms.
Candidates should have 15+ of relevant experience in writing and media intensive positions.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: DCPAjobs@skdkjobs.com.
Job posted: 2021-03-16