The AAMC seeks a Social Media Specialist to support its Digital Strategy team. The ideal candidate will possess training and experience in web communications and social media. Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn and Tumblr, is required. The Specialist will work on a number of projects simultaneously while working well with people at many levels of authority, independently, and effectively within a diverse professional environment.
Social Media Strategy Implementation and Analysis
- Work with public affairs and public relations staff to develop and maintain social media strategies for the AAMC as well as create and nurture content for these channels.
- Provide feedback to aid in developing strategy, policies, and processes for AAMC’s social media activities.
- Work with colleagues from business developments units, including integrated services, and other units outside communications to provide counsel on social media strategies, tools, and tactics.
- Work with senior or lead specialist identify important metrics and analyze results to make social media efforts more effective and efficient.
- Monitor social networking activity; recommend activities and solutions to maintain progress and address concerns as they arise.
- Maintain the contract with Hootsuite Enterprise to manage all AAMC social media efforts, coordinating approximately 30 staff in their daily efforts and on long term projects and initiatives. Usher annual contract renewal through procurement process.
Social Media Management
- Content Management: Create, maintain, and publish AAMC social media content. Develop engaging content, including but not limited to, written social media ports and short-form social videos. Regularly promote and support AAMCNews site and content.
- Maintain association presence on social media channels and serve as primary point of contact for association social media activities.
- Account Management: Facilitate creation of social media accounts, as necessary, helping internal clients navigate AAMC Communications processes. Maintain up-to-date inventory of social media channels around the association. Cultivate contacts among employees maintaining social media accounts outside communications in order to advise staff and coordinate activities, including managing the AAMC Social Media Users Forum.
- Train and advise staff on maintaining an effective social networking presence.
- Manage the social media presence of AAMC President and CEO Dr. Darrell Kirch through LinkedIn and Twitter. This includes regular posting, monitoring, engaging with leadership at member institutions and quarterly reports. The social media specialist will also support other AAMC Chiefs in any social media activities they engage in.
- Perform other communication duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Training and experience in written communications, Web communications, and online social media required.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in communications, internal communications, Web content development, digital media or related field
- Working experience developing, nurturing, and maintaining social networking sites
- Experience developing editorial and multimedia content for the Web, including short videos
- Ability to work collaboratively and juggle multiple projects and timelines essential
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills important
- Experience working with publication designers and Web developers highly desirable.
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 30, 2017